Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 19, 2024, 06:55:00 pm

Author Topic: Any practice exams?  (Read 6744 times)  Share 

werdna

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +287
Re: Any practice exams?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 02:29:21 pm »
Just can't help it.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Maybe some year 12 Philosophy students can tell me the philosophical meaning behind this?  ;)

Tobias Funke

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 02:34:13 pm »
more of a psych thing
sometimes I feel as if I'd be more enriched in life if I bought an RV and started cooking meth

burbs

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Fuck da police - Aristotle
  • Respect: +227
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 02:46:55 pm »
It means you are perpetually horny.

werdna

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +287
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 02:58:35 pm »
ROFLL  :2funny: :2funny: No comment.

tullfrog

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
  • School: Melbourne High
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 08:20:36 pm »
+1
http://www.mediafire.com/?lkon7rvm75vdky5 I wrote a trial exam, but I haven't solutions as of yet. (I did complete it, but don't have enough faith in my answers to distribute them, but will do once I polish them and have them marked by my teacher).
Graduated 2011 and am now studying Arts/Law at Monash: ATAR of 99.35 Currently have limited availabilities for tutoring English (47),  message me for details.

Tobias Funke

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 09:59:20 pm »
that's horrendous tom
sometimes I feel as if I'd be more enriched in life if I bought an RV and started cooking meth

Ghost!

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Year 12, What up.
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 10:17:13 pm »
that's horrendous tom

Hahahah awh don't be so mean!

http://www.mediafire.com/?lkon7rvm75vdky5 I wrote a trial exam, but I haven't solutions as of yet. (I did complete it, but don't have enough faith in my answers to distribute them, but will do once I polish them and have them marked by my teacher).

Very good! As Tobias alluded to, several of the questions mirror text response a little too closely, and a far too specific to the actual text rather than the ideas and concepts raised. However! I applauded your initiative in going out and making an exam, and thank you for sharing with the community!~
2011 - English, English Language, Philosophy, Indonesian SL, Outdoor and Environmental Studies.

“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely -- at least, not all the time -- but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”
― Hunter S. Thompson

Ghost!

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Year 12, What up.
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 10:18:21 pm »
Oh, and if you're interested, I'm happy to share my answers?
2011 - English, English Language, Philosophy, Indonesian SL, Outdoor and Environmental Studies.

“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely -- at least, not all the time -- but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”
― Hunter S. Thompson

tullfrog

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 01:57:53 pm »
Love you too Tobias! xxx

My teacher agreed that there was a little too much focus on the texts (especially in section 3) and apparently my essay topic were too specific and contained content that wasn't strictly on the course (e.g. hard problem of consciousness).

I'd love to see your answers Ghost, that'd be great.
Graduated 2011 and am now studying Arts/Law at Monash: ATAR of 99.35 Currently have limited availabilities for tutoring English (47),  message me for details.

dushen

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: salesian college chadstone
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 07:44:36 pm »
hey guys,

i was just wondering if anyone could please send me some philosophy exams? i would really appreciate it as i have finished all the exams i have:P

thank you guys so much

my email address is - [email protected]

thank you again

tullfrog

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 10:10:38 pm »
So I edited my exam a little bit and chucked the answers in there. Cheers :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?53pbhg8zc5jqjvc

Ghost!

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Year 12, What up.
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 04:09:11 pm »
hey guys,

i was just wondering if anyone could please send me some philosophy exams? i would really appreciate it as i have finished all the exams i have:P

thank you guys so much

my email address is - [email protected]

thank you again

Hi.

Sorry, there aren't any additional papers for the current VCE Philosophy course besides the VCAA papers available on their website. Maybe try your school, they may have some of the distributed 2011 VCAA practice papers.

― Hunter S. Thompson

anthony99

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +22
  • School: Scotch College
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 08:14:11 pm »
Has anyone figured out if there is some pattern to section B of the Exam?
2010: Business Management [42]
2011: English [49], Philosophy [42], History: Revolutions [42], Literature [44], Further Maths [35], University Philosophy [5], ATAR:98.65
2012: Bachelor of Laws/ Bachelor of Banking and Finance @ Monash
Tutoring English and Literature. PM me or send me a text on 0425 755 473

krith

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 10:01:51 pm »
Has anyone figured out if there is some pattern to section B of the Exam?

Fairly sure there's usually a visual image for the first question which asks you to compare two Philosopher's viewpoints and how they'd respond to it. The rest of Section B has a lot to do with YOUR own view of the good life and asks you to respond with your own answers (usually with some reference to the philosophers) about certain aspects of the good life, such as morality, pleasure, etc. Hopefully I answered your question right :)

tullfrog

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 07:32:03 pm »
Well who was focused too much on text response now? :P