Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 29, 2024, 03:47:22 am

Author Topic: Ancient History: Spartan Society to the Battle of Leuctra 371BC  (Read 2106 times)  Share 

roshanajabbour

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Hello, can i please have some assistance with answering this 15 MARK question:
What was the role of artisans and agricultural workers in the period?
Can someone please help me with where marks would be allocated as well?

vyca

• Trailblazer
Re: Ancient History: Spartan Society to the Battle of Leuctra 371BC
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 06:32:04 pm »
+1
You would talk about the Perocioi (artisans) and the Helots (argicultural workers) here, as the spartans were forbidden to engage in any activity other than warfare. 

aaron_solomon

• Adventurer
Ancient History: Spartan Society to the Battle of Leuctra 371BC
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 12:24:06 am »
+1
Hey I can't help you with the question because I'm not doing Sparta for society but my teacher told me that in the big mark questions in society you should use a source in the answer and refer it back to the question to get more marks :)

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 01:47:51 pm »
Hey I can't help you with the question because I'm not doing Sparta for society but my teacher told me that in the big mark questions in society you should use a source in the answer and refer it back to the question to get more marks :)

Yeah sources (particularly archeological evidence) is really important for that section (well really all the sections hahaha), only problem is that there is so little archeological evidence for Sparta :( However, I found this website recently which has a downloadable link to a powerpoint which includes a whole range of archeological finds, under the various subject headings, including agriculture and artisans :) Here it is: https://reflectivehistoryteacher.wordpress.com/spartan-society/

Hope this helps, even though this might be too late for trial exams.
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

roshanajabbour

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 12:00:06 pm »
Thanks guys, i really appreciate all the help and replies you have provided !  :) :) :) :)