Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 02:10:36 am

Author Topic: Paul McCartney One on One!!!  (Read 752 times)  Share 

non.existent.existentialist

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +8
Paul McCartney One on One!!!
« on: July 04, 2017, 11:34:23 am »
+3
Hey everyone! I can't wait for Paul McCartney's one on one concert !!!! It makes me teary thinking about it, he is 75 now and the image of him from the 60s is still on my mind, and to see this same person perform nearly 3 generations after is such a special thing! I never thought I'd have the opportunity and it's really surreal thinking about it, to see one of the 2 Beatles still alive, wow, just, its hard to explain. Beatlemania lives on! However none of my friends listen to the songs from back in the day (why am I friends with them? :D) well just about no one in my generation that I've met knows the Beatles (theirs is a life not worth living) and so uh I'll be going to this concert alone! And it's my first ever concert too so what a way to start it off! Have you guys ever been to a concert by yourselves? If so what are the pros and cons in your opinion? I really don't mind actually, but we shall see! This really will be a "one" on one experience :D haha........haa.....ha.........

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: Paul McCartney One on One!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 11:47:15 am »
+3
well just about no one in my generation that I've met knows the Beatles (theirs is a life not worth living)
wtf seriously?!? That's insane - definitely agree that's not a life worth living. I'm not a massive music fan in general (my dad was in Jamiroqui, so I just chalk it up to a rebellion thing haha), in the sense that I don't really have many "favourite artists" or "favourite albums" in comparison to other people I know, and I'm never very caught up on the current albums/songs that come out. However the Beatles are definitely a tride and true fave that made it through my really picky taste in music - favourite song of theirs changes often, but I think right now 'Strawberry Hills Forever' has taken the no. 1 spot for now :)

Don't have much advice in terms of going to concerts on your own sorry haha - but I did get separated from my friends at an Imagine Dragons concert (would be at a much smaller venue than McCartney though, as this was quite a few years back). Only con I found was finding them afterwards was difficult, but that actual experience didn't change - everyone in that room was all there for a common reason, so the vibe stayed the same (at least that was my experience :) )
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!