Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 06:53:25 pm

Author Topic: CAS calculator AND scientific calculator?  (Read 1053 times)  Share 

#J.Procrastinator

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2014
CAS calculator AND scientific calculator?
« on: October 13, 2013, 07:14:30 pm »
Hi!

Are we able to bring in a CAS calculator AND a scientific calculator into the exam? What about spare ones? I find that changing batteries can be so time consuming  :-\ 

Also, what about a portable charger...? :P
2015-2017: Bachelor of Science @ UoM

Stevensmay

Re: CAS calculator AND scientific calculator?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 07:28:00 pm »
http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Pages/vce/studies/mathematics/approvedcalculators.aspx

You can bring in both calculators.

It doesn't say anything about spares, but do you really need more than two calculators anyway? With batteries, just change them about now and you should be right. Try and avoid doing it the day of the exam in case you forgot/faulty batteries or something.

Lasercookie

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +326
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 07:28:06 pm »
From the exam cover  You're allowed to bring in a CAS calculator AND a scientific calculator. It states you're not allowed more than one of each. 

From the Exam Navigator  You're allowed to bring spare batteries. If you're paranoid, replace the batteries of your calculator before each exam. It's unlikely that it'll run out of charge, and if they do then you have the spare batteries as your safety net.

I'd wager that you're not allowed a portable charger. I think it'd fall under other unauthorised electronic devices as well as that it states your calculator must contain it's own power source (whereas a portable charger would be an external power source). You don't need one anyway. 

#J.Procrastinator

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 07:47:56 pm »
Alright, thank you! Yeah, I probably won't need more than two calculators. I guess I'm getting a tad paranoid for it .
2015-2017: Bachelor of Science @ UoM