Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 06:30:03 pm

Author Topic: ThunderDragon's VCE Journey  (Read 13331 times)

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +110
Re: ThunderDragon's VCE Journey
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2020, 09:41:29 am »
+9
Guess I should provide an update on the experiences of the exams I've had this week so far:

English:
Since this was my first exam, it was the one I was most nervous about and in hindsight, that probably affected my writing ability a bit. The exam itself wasn't bad but I don't think I did amazing either. Overall it was an alright experience and with English being subjective, I guess I can't be certain what I will get.
Study Score Prediction of anywhere between 36 - 40  :-\

Psych:
I've already talked about this exam on here earlier but I guess I'm mostly over it. At times I still am mad thinking about it but at the end of the day, I've got 3 more exams to worry about and can't let thinking about this stuff my later exams. Although it was unfortunate, at least it's another exam out of the way.
Study Score Prediction of anywhere between 36 - 39  :(

Bio:
Wasn't expecting much when walking into the exam but I found it to be easier than I expected. I'm not certain about the 5 marker but in all honesty, this was such a better exam than Psych and that's so ironic. The contrast was huge. I know that an easy exam isn't necessarily a good thing though since making silly mistakes could be more detrimental but in comparison to the Psych exam, I walked out of the exam feeling good instead of feeling crap and it was a good way to finish off my first week of exams.
Study Score Prediction of anywhere between 37 - 41  :)

Got methods and chem left. Methods I am just praying for a 25 and with Chem, I'm gonna study for it in the next 8 ish days and hope I can pull out something good!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 10:54:28 am by ThunderDragon »
2019 - Geography [41]
2020 - English, Methods, Chem, Bio and Psych [39]
2021 - 2023 Bachelor of Science at Monash

ThunderDragon's Journey to Med

Currently offering tutoring in 3/4 Psychology for 2022. PM if interested!

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2020, 12:29:07 pm »
+7
Hey ThunderDragon, congratulations! You're basically halfway through your exams! You're doing great, keep it going  ;D
All the best for methods and chem, you're gonna do amazing!
Looking forward to the next update  :)
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2020, 02:40:00 pm »
+6
Finished my last 2 subjects and while I am not feeling amazing after the Chem exam, I am glad that this is over.

Methods:
Exam sucked. Really did suck. I honestly don't care what study score I get cause I know I did terrible in it. So glad I never have to ever see Methods ever again.

Chemistry:
Honestly, besides Multi Choice which was rather difficult, I think the exam itself was quite standard. However, I ran out of time leaving around 12 marks blank (questions I felt were difficult and didn't get time to get back to) and I stuffed up the egg and banana question even though afterwards, realized they were pretty free marks. Honestly, not the best feeling or end to exams but grateful VCE Chem is finally over.

Predictions:
English: 37-39
Methods: 20
Chem: 32 - 34
Bio: 39 - 41
Psych: 38 - 40

Pretty much predicting everything worse than what I was aiming for. Undergraduate medicine is definitely over for me but I guess I can't let this stop me from trying my hardest to get into Postgraduate medicine.
2019 - Geography [41]

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2020, 05:34:02 pm »
+4
Methods:
Exam sucked. Really did suck. I honestly don't care what study score I get cause I know I did terrible in it. So glad I never have to ever see Methods ever again.
Wow I’m currently vibing with this now. I absolutely despised that methods exam too - what were VCAA thinking??!! Thankfully we don’t ever have to do methods again, which is one thing we can all jointly celebrate!

Pretty much predicting everything worse than what I was aiming for. Undergraduate medicine is definitely over for me but I guess I can't let this stop me from trying my hardest to get into Postgraduate medicine.
I love this vibe, and it’s exactly the vibe I’m going for. It’s okay if we don’t make it. This year in itself has thrown so much at as, and all that matters is that we’ve grown and learnt from those experiences. There will always be other pathways into whatever you want to do in the future, and it’s great that you acknowledge that!! Don’t be too hard on yourself - you’ve done so well and persevered so much, and now it’s time to have a break and chill out. It’s okay - whatever the outcome is, we’ve got to take it and move on (although it is very hard).

Congratulations for finishing VCE and enjoy your holidays!!
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

angrybiscuit

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +204
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2020, 05:43:29 pm »
+4
Congrats ThunderDragon!! Please don't be too hard on yourself after such a crazy year... Enjoy your well-earned break :)
somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
carl sagan

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2020, 07:43:33 pm »
+5
Congratulations ThunderDragon! Super proud of you, you definitely deserve this break! Don't be so hard on yourself, the challenges you've faced and how you've overcome to become a better and more mature person is what is most important as cheesy as it sounds. You've done amazing and we're all proud. Have a great break! Are you planning to make a uni journey journal of some sort?

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2020, 08:31:55 pm »
+5
Congratulations ThunderDragon on finishing all your exams!

Same though: I'm expecting much lower scores than what I had aimed for at the beginning of the year but hey, we finished the year (and it was a mighty crazy one!). That's the same mindset I have about Med. We're going to end up in med anyway so it doesn't really matter what pathway we take.

You're such a resilient person and I know that you're going to get wherever you want to!

Enjoy your break!!

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2020, 10:49:32 am »
+7
Hello

Thanks for all your support. Forgot to reply so I'll so reply a month late  :'( . With ATARs coming out tomorrow, I wish everyone good luck. Personally, not feeling too good about it and will most likely not be happy with it as it won't be high enough for my first preference course but I guess it is what it is. Here's my revised predicted study scores and ATAR:

English: 39
Methods: 23
Chem: 33
Bio: 40
Psychology: 42
Predicted ATAR: 93.75  :'(
2019 - Geography [41]

tiredandstressed

• MOTM: DEC 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • pretty without the r (he/him)
  • Respect: +167
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2020, 11:12:22 am »
+6
Personally, not feeling too good about it and will most likely not be happy with it as it won't be high enough for my first preference course but I guess it is what it is.

Hey TD what other courses are you considering, I'm sure it will all work out for you in the end  :)
VCE '17-'18
2017: Biology, Psychology
2018: English, HHD, Chemistry, Methods
2019-22: Bachelor of Biomedicine (Honours) @ UoM
My guides:
A quick guide to language and argument analysis
HHD sample questions
HHD 2019 Comprehensive examiner report analysis

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2020, 05:23:49 pm »
+3
Hey TD what other courses are you considering, I'm sure it will all work out for you in the end  :)
Thanks tiredandstressed. I'm considering Science at either Melbourne Uni or Monash Uni depending on my methods score which I'm okay with I guess.
2019 - Geography [41]

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2021, 02:33:33 pm »
+9
Hello

It's been a while since I updated my journal. With course offers having come out a few days ago, I guess I would just like to update everyone on what course offer I got. I got an offer for the Bachelor of Science at Monash and will be studying that this year. In terms of my study scores and ATAR, I haven't revealed what I got mainly because I wasn't too happy with it but at least it got me into my 2nd preference.

I will also be starting a University Journal as well for those who are interested.
2019 - Geography [41]

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2021, 04:31:31 pm »
+3
Hey ThunderDragon!

Congratulations on your offer! Keen to follow your uni journal! :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2021, 04:33:24 pm »
+1
Hey ThunderDragon!

Congratulations on your offer! Keen to follow your uni journal! :)
Thanks!
2019 - Geography [41]

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2021, 11:16:50 am »
+1
Congratulations ThunderDragon! Super stoked to read your uni journal!