Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 10:21:18 pm

Author Topic: WAM for transferring into Arts/Law  (Read 4130 times)  Share 

gemgem49

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • no hesitation
  • Respect: +35
  • School Grad Year: 2013
WAM for transferring into Arts/Law
« on: January 25, 2011, 07:21:25 pm »
I'm sure this has been discussed but my internet is too slow to bother with a search so forgive me. What has been the minimum mark for transferring to Arts/Law in the past few years? I have a 75 average at the moment and have a sudden urge to make the transfer at the end of the year so I need to know what kind of average I'm looking at achieving. 80? I know some people have gotten in under 80 in the past but yeah.... Thoughts? :D
[ VCE 2008 ] Legal Studies 45 - English 39 - Biology 37 - History Revolutions 37 - Literature 24
ENTER: 92.80

[ 2009 - 2010 ] Arts (Global) at Monash University, Clayton.
[ 2011 ] went insane
[ 2012 ] Bachelor of Arts at Monash University, Clayton

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
Re: WAM for transferring into Arts/Law
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 08:15:19 pm »
Quote from: http://www.law.monash.edu.au/futurestudents/entry-monash.html

Applicants must fulfil the following minimum criteria for eligibility to apply:

* Completion of the equivalent of one year or more of a recognised tertiary degree and
    * Achievement of a distinction average or better (70%+) across all university units for a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP), or
    * Achievement of a credit average or better (60%+) across all university units for an international full-fee place.

Note: Entry to law courses is a competitive process and the actual average required depends on the number and standard of applications received each year.

I recall people saying 78+ average just to be competitive though because so many people apply for it...
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

grevenchorf

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 09:04:36 am »
Yeah it's 78 to be competitive but I from what I've heard you ought to try and get it higher to have a fighting chance. I'm going to be targeting 82-85% for first year - I want to transfer into Law/Arts also :)

lishan515

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 11:13:53 am »
This year apparently a 78 didn't get you to transfer.

gemgem49

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • no hesitation
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 03:24:39 pm »
Ah k gotta step up my game. Though someone pointed it it would probably be faster just to finish my degree then do the JD but I doubt I'd get into that. Oh well, I'm doing a first year subject, a language and a subject with assessment that includes writing a blog, a ~reflection essay~ and exchanging emails with a student at an overseas university -___- hopefully I can do it...
[ VCE 2008 ] Legal Studies 45 - English 39 - Biology 37 - History Revolutions 37 - Literature 24

[ 2011 ] went insane

grevenchorf

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 03:46:40 pm »

From what I hear they look at your ATAR first year transfers - if you were just below the clearly in they might accept you with a lower average than someone who got a lower ATAR. It all depends.

Ah k gotta step up my game. Though someone pointed it it would probably be faster just to finish my degree then do the JD but I doubt I'd get into that. Oh well, I'm doing a first year subject, a language and a subject with assessment that includes writing a blog, a ~reflection essay~ and exchanging emails with a student at an overseas university -___- hopefully I can do it...

Transferring into LLB would be ten times easier than JD I'd say - you have to do the LSATS, interviews and other stuff to get into that :(

gemgem49

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • no hesitation
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 07:48:52 pm »

From what I hear they look at your ATAR first year transfers - if you were just below the clearly in they might accept you with a lower average than someone who got a lower ATAR. It all depends.

Well, that sucks. As you can see I'm pretty far off from the clearly in..

[ 2011 ] went insane