Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 04:14:37 pm

Author Topic: March MotM announcement!  (Read 1097 times)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
March MotM announcement!
« on: April 08, 2020, 04:46:14 pm »
+22
March was a weird, crazy month with lots of changes. One thing that didn't change is that there were great users stepping up to help each other out and connect with the community. This month we'll be shining the spotlight on two MotMs and although there are more users who have stepped up or continued to engage in the community at a high level when we need to restrain ourselves to one per state this is who we went with. As it so happens, both of our MotMs are 3rd on the forum leaderboards for 2020 so they have that in common in addition to being March MotMs.

THE NSW WINNER FOR MARCH IS...
Spoiler
LoneWolf has had an account since February 14 last year and started posting half way through 2019 but has really picked up posting activity in 2020, with most of their posts having occurred this year. They've been really engaging in the community, whether through casual conversations, asking for help, or helping others and were a prominent NSW voice in March. Thank you LoneWolf for all of the conversations you've engaged in and driven & I look forward to continuing to see your impact on the forums!

THE VIC WINNER FOR MARCH IS...
Spoiler
J_Rho joined the forums on the 8th of June 2018 and made their first post towards the end of 2018. It wasn't long then until they started their journey journal and now their journal is thriving with active contributions and almost 15000 views. Outside their journey journal, they have stepped up with ideas, resources, and an understanding ear to help out anyone and everyone. J_Rho has the title of forum leader from their post count but  their ongoing support and encouragement of fellow ANers is what really shows their place on the forums. Thank you J_Rho for every piece of advice, every convo, every initiative. The forums are richer for your involvement and ideas - can't wait to see how you continue to engage with the community!

This is a little different from our usual posts of the month format, but I really want to take the time now to thank everyone who has chosen to pull together rather than feeding divisions in this unique time. Whether it's people sharing lists of mental health resources, making sure people are aware of updates from authorities, discussing remote and online learning options, reaching out through journals and conversation, providing academic advice on learning, or any of a myriad of other ways people are staying connected, these small acts of community add up to a big difference.

Here are some of those snapshots of community:

COVID-19 and Education thread - started by Whys and continued by countless other members

fun_jirachi's math help transcending state boundaries

Mental health resources by HondaHRV

Essay feedback requested by mani.s_ and delivered by s110820

Strategies for online learning started by PhoenixxFire

University General Chat started by Sine

Too many examples to link them all of ANers supporting eachothers' journeys so I'll pick as an example J Rho's 2 week quarantine challenge idea from accountability and motivation.

Please feel free to reply shouting out anyone who stands out to you as having provided support - whatever form that may be in.

And similarly many updates on COVID-19 and its impacts on education across Australia

Thank you everyone - we might be physically distant but that's a barrier that this community excels at overcoming 

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
Re: March MotM announcement!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 04:56:37 pm »
+17
CONGRATS J_Rho!! I seriously cannot think of anyone better for March Motm. You are so so supportive and such a great asset to have around on the forums! Keep shining!

And CONGRATs to LoneWolf too!! Your contributions are so amazing and you are super supportive.

Adding on to what Bri said - I am so grateful to this community and how much everyone's been supportive to each other over the last few weeks. I feel so supported and grateful to have such helpful and understanding members on AN to help each other out in this difficult time.

Heres to another great month on AN! I'm sure we'll all be relying on everyone to keep our spirits up.  :D

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 05:33:36 pm »
+14
CONGRATULATIONS J_Rho and Lonewolf! Your amazing contributions to this forum do not go unnoticed, and we are so glad you both are part of the ATARNotes community! <3

Thanks AN for being a great place for support in these uncertain times.
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 05:53:06 pm »
+11
♡A massive CONGRATULATIONS to J_Rho and Lonewolf!♡

You guys have been super amazing on the forums, and your positivity and support can be seen by many members of the AN Community! So glad to see that your efforts are recognised and continue with your positive spirit in the forums~

And to all the other people of the AN forums, thank you for being amazing as always, and let's make the future even better! ;D

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 06:25:38 pm »
+11
Congrats to J_Rho and Lonewolf!

You both deserve it ♡♡♡
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 06:34:23 pm »
+11
YES J_Rho and LoneWolf, as said above, definitely deserved by both of you! Your positivity as well as your encouraging and motivating posts are very much valued in this incredible community. I look forward to what you'll contribute in the future!

Again congratulations  ;D ;D
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 06:38:07 pm »
+18
CONGRATS Lonewolf!! So very well deserved ♡♡♡

Whaaaaaaat! Maaaan, I was honestly not expecting this! Thank you, everyone, for your kind words ♡
It has been amazing to see everyone really come together to support each other during these odd times. Everyone's contributions are so valuable and I can't wait to continue our journies together!
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 06:58:00 pm »
+11
A massive CONGRATULATIONS to J_Rho and LoneWolf!  ;D
You guys are a valuable part of the AN community and your amazing contributions and efforts help many people.

I can't wait to see your future contributions on the forums!

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 09:38:25 pm »
+8
Congrats to both of our MoTMs and thanks for your contributions!! :D
Thank you also to every single user of AN (whether you've made 1 post or 1000) for keeping the positivity up in this community and supporting each other during these difficult times <3