Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 22, 2024, 12:29:28 am

Author Topic: So this is gonna be interesting...  (Read 21644 times)

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
  • Work hard and be rewarded
  • Respect: +50
Re: So this is gonna be interesting...
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2018, 10:36:20 pm »
+4
Ugh! This has been a WEEK!

So basically to top off this week of exam stress and other craziness

On Saturday night I was reverse parallel parking while arguing with my brothers that I picked up from the club early in the morning (worst decision ever) and I wasn't paying attention and I hit the gutter. Not just any part of the gutter, the part of the gutter where a big metal piece of the drain was sticking out and I pierced my tyre >:(  >:(  >:( SO FRICKEN MAD. I had no fuel wither so I just left it on the street to deflate (go life amirite)

Today I drove it around to the front of my house to fix it and before I started I went to the toilet (when nature calls right) anddddd my phone ended up in the toilet. great. Not only are some of my trial exams gonna be poopy (no pun intended ;)) my tyre is busted and I have to change it and now my phone is drenched in toilet water and not wanting to turn on... FANTABULOUS I RECKON
ugh can't wait for this week to be over, Monday cannot come any faster... I have the day off 8)

Also! I have a semi-final for touch tomorrow so hopefully, I get up with the win to kick off an awesome week :)

Breakdown Count: 29  ::)

HSCya later,
Britt 8)
HSC 2018
Biology || Business Studies || English Standard || Genral Math || PDHPE || Studies of Religion I

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2018, 02:54:40 pm »
+4
Okayyyy updates YAY!

I have a semi-final for touch tomorrow so hopefully, I get up with the win to kick off an awesome week :)

For those of you wondering, I did win my semi-final and I am playing my grand final tonight!! WOO HOO!!
last week was a good week, I got my tyre fixed, grabbed myself a cheap second-hand phone but I did clock myself a $112 dollar parking fine for reading the sign wrong but its fine. It's okay really I'm fine. *Cries in Spanish*

I am starting to receive exams back and I am really happy with the ones I have gotten back already. Like over the moon happy.

I first got back my General Mathematics exam which I ended up getting 78/100 in. I was disappointed at first because I expected more but knowing the person that came first got 81/100 made me feel a lot better. In saying this, I completed the 2017 HSC exam for genny yesterday under timed conditions and ended up getting 93/100 so I'm on the right track.

I then got my biology exam back. I thought I did okay in this exam (Just realised I didn't do a write up on it) but yes I wasn't happy or sad with it but you know, my low expectations were exceeded. I got the exam back and got 74/100 which is really good for me. Our highest was 95 though so I'm a bit away from the top and I expect my rank to drop from second, I'll update you all on my ranks later.

Moving right along, English (Standard). I am so so overly happy with my marks for English I can't even explain, they are as follows;
AOS Discovery: Creative 12/15, Essay 9/15, Short Answer 13/15
Modules: A Distinctively Visual (Run Lola Run) 15/20, B Close study of text (Wilfred Owen) 14/20, C Exploring Transitions (Tom Brennan) 15/20.

Overall it equals 78/105 which is roughly 74%. My best mark in English for HSC (WHOOP WHOOP)

I'm currently working out a study timetable from now until the HSC including all my sporting commitments and such so I can do adequate revision and study for the HSC. I'll let you know how that goes.

Breakdown Count: Lucky number 29 STILL! Look at me go!

HSCya Later,
Britt  8)
HSC 2018
Biology || Business Studies || English Standard || Genral Math || PDHPE || Studies of Religion I

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2018, 04:09:15 pm »
How did your grand final go?!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2018, 11:39:33 pm »
How did your grand final go?!

Hey J41!

Unfortunately, my team had a really off game and couldn't come away with the win. In Touch football grand finals go by an uneven points system where the first touchdown scored is worth 3 points and every touchdown after that is worth 2 points so there is no draw and we went down 7-4 (3-2).
HSC 2018

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2018, 12:50:53 am »
+7
Since I last posted, I have played 2 more grand finals and lost both of them (One basketball one touch football), played an additionally 9 games of touch footy, organised 3 school fundraisers, got baptised, received my first communion and got confirmed into the roman catholic church, had my final day of classes, graduated and lost a crapload of my notes due to my laptop going for a swim.

SO MUCH CAN HAPPEN IN A MONTH

WELL! I'm just gonna talk about the big things. Starting w the fundraisers really quick.

So It's tradition at my school that the graduating class buys a present for the school (like giving back to the community) and teacher gifts. So I organised 3 fundraising events for that (one was halloween last year). We had a basketball game against our 'brother school' and a sausage sizzle BBQ. All up we raised $1800 which was awesome, our school is under renovation so we're buying an artwork for the new building and we got the teachers personalised mugs with chocolate and stuff inside.

Moving on! I got baptised! It has been something I've planned on doing since December last year and it finally happened the Wednesday of my graduation week. It was a very small but quite beautiful ceremony.

Next up, FINAL DAY OF CLASSES WOOOO. Wasn't really a day of classes since we practiced for our mass period 3-5. My school has this tradition that we all stand in a massive circle for the last 10 minutes of the day and we sing songs until the final bell then we all run into the middle and get around each other. So we did that. And I didn't even CRY! *takes a bow* but yeah I still don't think it's hit me yet.

Monday saw my graduation celebrations, starting with the College match in which I brought in the school banner (Wow britt ur so kool). But the most important thing about this mass was the fact that for the first and last time I was able to receive the eucharist with my cohort, which was really special. The Mass was followed by a year 12 assembly which is basically our muck up day (piss poor muck up day but we do with what we've got) We basically present a video full of skits to the student body so we can all have a lol together one last time then we leave. SO thats basically what happened there.

That Monday night was the graduation dinner where there was crappy food and service but I won some awards. The first being the Pierre De Coubertin Award (awarded by the Olympic association), the Caltex Best All Rounder Award, 2nd Place Student of the year, 3rd place teacher's student of the year and an Outstanding leadership award. Hard work pays off!! (literally got zero awards for academics but thats fine lmao)

Wednesday was a sad day in my life. Also the reason my breakdown count will increase. My bottle leaked in my bag as I was at school for tutorial classes on Wednesday and absolutely soaked. My. laptop. It will not turn on. And I have lost a lot of my HSC Notes. Naturally the first thing I did was cry. I cried as I attempted to dry my 3 hour soaked laptop. I then took it to the school IT guy who took it apart and declared it dead. Thx Mr Zoo. I cried my way to the library and hired out a laptop to re-start my notes and I walked into my genny math Tutorial and the teacher asked

"How's your laptop"

All I did was look at her. And she knew it was gone, she could see the heartbreak on my face as it started. My ugly cry face was coming into fruition as I sobbed out the strained words 'It's dead, It's all gone. They're all gone.' As I burst into a crying sobbing mess. I sat on the floor and tucked my knees up into my chest as I sobbed for a solid 5 minutes. RIP LAPTOP. It is currently sitting in my kitchen in 5kg of rice. I'll keep you updated on that one.

One upvote = one prayer

As for the last couple of days, I've been trying to get some notes together (PRAISE THE LORD FOR ATAR NOTES)
I now declare you all officially up to date!! (for now)

Breakdown Count: 32  ??? Sorry Jamon  :'(

HSCya later,
Britt  8)
HSC 2018

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2018, 11:47:25 am »
+2
Hi!!

1. Congrats on being baptised!!! As a fellow Catholic it makes me so happy to see another person being welcomed to the church <3 hope you enjoy your stay!!
2. Congrats on graduating! Sounds like you had an awesome time :-)
3. Sorry about your laptop :-( Will definitely be praying for your laptop and all your stuff in there so it can be recovered!!

Hope you have a great weekend!!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2018, 02:52:42 pm »
Hi!!

1. Congrats on being baptised!!! As a fellow Catholic it makes me so happy to see another person being welcomed to the church <3 hope you enjoy your stay!!
2. Congrats on graduating! Sounds like you had an awesome time :-)
3. Sorry about your laptop :-( Will definitely be praying for your laptop and all your stuff in there so it can be recovered!!

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Thank you, thank you and thank you!

I had a great time graduating, still feels so surreal and I'm hoping and praying also, going to take it out in a couple of hours and see how it goes so fingers crossed.  ;D
HSC 2018

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2018, 11:23:29 pm »
+8
THANK YOU FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS BECAUSE

DRUMROLL PLS ........

MY LAPTOP HAS RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD!

I am currently in the process of taking everything off of it that is important before it crashes for good but so far so good!! I am so so stoked!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

(Happy tears don't count to my breakdowns right  ;))

HSCya later,
Britt  8)
HSC 2018

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2018, 04:17:14 pm »
+1
Awesome! Gotta get dem important files onto an external hard drive or something ASAP haha.

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2018, 06:59:43 pm »
+2
Awesome! Gotta get dem important files onto an external hard drive or something ASAP haha.

Just finished with the last file 5 minutes ago, Never been so happy in my life!!  ;D ;D
HSC 2018

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2018, 03:35:16 pm »
+1
Just finished with the last file 5 minutes ago, Never been so happy in my life!!  ;D ;D

Hahaha that's awesome.

Reminds me - I should really back up my files, too. Glad it's worked out okay for you. :)

jazcstuart

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +180
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2018, 05:54:11 pm »
+3
On the topic of backing up files, I can highly recommend using Google Drive. I have an extension which I think is just called Backup and Sync, whcih automatically backs up all my files to my Google Drive. So if I make changes to a document, it automatically syncs, and you get 15GB free storage. As I said, I can highly recommend it, it's super easy, and I don't have to remember to keep backing things up!
HSC 2017 - Mathematics, Music 1
HSC 2018 - English (Advanced), Maths Extension 1, Chemistry, Geography, Earth and Environmental Science

2019 - B Renewable Energy Engineering @ University of Newcastle

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2018, 07:55:44 pm »
+1
On the topic of backing up files, I can highly recommend using Google Drive. I have an extension which I think is just called Backup and Sync, whcih automatically backs up all my files to my Google Drive. So if I make changes to a document, it automatically syncs, and you get 15GB free storage. As I said, I can highly recommend it, it's super easy, and I don't have to remember to keep backing things up!

Yeah! thats what I've used to back up all of my files now :))
HSC 2018

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2018, 01:27:53 am »
+4
Alrighty,

quick as life update before I jet off to bed.

Achievement alert!!

I finished my PDHPE notes !! (I know I am late... shit has been Rough lately. But yes. That is all of my HSC notes done and dusted (other than SORI). Actually, I'm going to tell you about SOR.

At my school, SORI is the stupidest subject. I think the teachers just assume because we're at a Catholic school, we know everything about religion. The answer is NO we DON'T which is why we come to ScHOoL so YOU the TEACHER can TEACH US. Literally, nearly every SOR student I have talked to said that their SOR teacher hasn't taught them anything and they're learning the syllabus themselves.

The only reason I am staying afloat in SOR is that of the ATARNotes lectures Elyse runs (you're a legend gorl). At the current moment, my SOR marks are that poor that I don't even think they'll end up being a saver and I'm considering just dropping the unit to finish my exams on the 2nd with business rather than the 6th. Back to why SOR is dumb at my school. Not just the teaching is poor, but they chose a Christian personality that like nobody knows. We have Dorothy Day. Like. It's so hard to find accurate and reliable information on her, how are we expected to write 15 marks worth of bs on her let alone 20!! like hello school, get it together. I think I'm just not going to study a Christian persona and just know all my other components really well and work around it. I mean, that's what I did for our trial exams.

Moving on, I'm going to start working on full-fledged revision tomorrow starting with biology (I did a bit today but I'll continue tomorrow). Also tomorrow I have my final round of touch football before the quarter-finals which will be pretty cool, if we beat this team we come second but if we lose we could come 6th  :P big odds on this game. I'll let you know how it goes.

P.S. The laptop hasn't carked it yet so that's a good sign.
P.P.S. Is it weird that I'm kinda excited for the HSC?  :-X ... actually, forget I said that

Breakdown count: 32

HSCya later,
Britt  8)
HSC 2018

Caitlynk_22

• MOTM: DEC 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +238
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2018, 02:29:32 pm »
+1
My teacher was absolutely horrible as well. I swear I learnt nothing the two years I was in his class. I also go to a Catholic school and they really DO expect us to know everything. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, good luck with exams and SORI! It's almost over! *Jumps up and down happily*
2018 - HSC - My HSC Journal 2018
2019 - Gap Year - Cert 3 @ TAFE My Gap Year Journal
2020 - 2022 B of Design (Architecture) @ UoN My University Journal