Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 17, 2024, 05:38:18 pm

Author Topic: Ellen talks about uni wow!!! (specifically arts/law)  (Read 18857 times)

ellellen

• Forum Regular
  • bleep bloop
  • Respect: +76
Re: Ellen talks about uni wow!!! (specifically arts/law)
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2017, 03:44:31 pm »
+4
And I hope you never get concussed again! I wish I could offer some advice, but I know that only rest really helps with concussion! I've had one before - can sympathise with the yuck feelings :( hope it all subsides soon.

Happy to help! :) They fill out that part after its uploaded. You only have to worry about your bit!

Omg thank you so much!!!
VCE 2015: Biology | History Revs | English | Legal Studies | Media | Methods
ATAR: 96.55

Currently: Arts/Law at Monash University - History Major, Journalism Minor

ellellen

• Forum Regular
  • bleep bloop
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2017, 02:50:50 pm »
+9
2/11

Yesterday I had my public law exam. It went alright, but not the greatest. It's fine though, because i only needed to get 27% on it to pass the unit and i definitely got more than that, so all good! My notes were a bit of a mess, but now I know for future exams how to structure my notes so that they're more useful for me. I tried to prepare a kind of script to take in with me, but when I actually got in there and saw the question, i realised my script wasn't going to be very useful, because the question was written a bit differently to all the practice qs i had done :(

I've pretty much recovered from my concussion, just so annoyed that i lost almost a whole week of being able to study because my head was so fuzzy. But I really didn't want to defer my exams. I did end up managing to get a one week extension for my journalism essay though! I'm really happy because there's no way I could have finished it by the real due date. But also a little annoying that it's now due right before my torts exam. Hopefully I will be able to get it finished super quickly in the next few days so I have heaps of time to study for just torts. I'm feeling pretty confident for my exam so hopefully it all goes well!!!!

ellellen

• Forum Regular
  • bleep bloop
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2017, 10:35:51 pm »
+10
9/11

I've finally finished all my exams!!! :)

My torts exam was on tuesday and it went fine! the questions were a little weird, but i finished in time and was pretty happy with my answers, so i'm hoping i did alright!! My notes that I had written were really thorough and helped me out a lot so i was really glad about that. So now i am done and have no idea what to do for the next 3.5 months of holidays, but idc because i will just be happy to not have to study anymore!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2017, 09:35:39 am »
+6
Congrats! :D

So much time to post on ATAR Notes. ;)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

ellellen

• Forum Regular
  • bleep bloop
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2017, 05:35:59 pm »
+4
Congrats! :D

So much time to post on ATAR Notes. ;)

Hahaha, yep exactly!

ellellen

• Forum Regular
  • bleep bloop
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2017, 10:01:54 pm »
+10
3/12

Woop woop! results came out today and i am happy ;D

I thought I would get like one HD max, and so i'm thrilled that I got three! (even though they were just barely HDs shh) Especially for news and power - i had received all my marks back already, and they only added up to 78, so possibly some of my marks got reviewed? or maybe some half-marks weren't showing up on moodle?? who knows! It was just a nice surprise to see i got an 80!!

And I'm super happy for public law. I did that exam while still a little affected by my concussion, so to end up with 76 is nice!!!

Now I can finally stop thinking about uni for a little until next year! (Right after I write reviews for all these subjects lol) Which means that I probably won't be posting much in this journal for a while :( But maybe some exciting uni-related stuff will come up during the holidays that I can talk about. Stay tuned!

zofromuxo

• Forum Leader
  • Everything you want is on the other side of Fear
  • Respect: +203
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2017, 09:34:36 am »
+1
I thought I would get like one HD max, and so i'm thrilled that I got three! (even though they were just barely HDs shh) Especially for news and power - i had received all my marks back already, and they only added up to 78, so possibly some of my marks got reviewed? or maybe some half-marks weren't showing up on moodle?? who knows! It was just a nice surprise to see i got an 80!!
It could be because moodle's calculation of results is different to the official result calculation.
I know at RMIT that Blackboard results were calculated differently to the official result calculation, so that could be the reason why your results are different.
Alas congratulations on the good results, particularity on Torts since I know many people who do the subject, hate doing it.
Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hence why i'm in all these different threads and boards.

extremeftw

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2017, 11:50:35 am »
+2
Hey, how did you find ATS2595 The rise and fall of Nazi Germany? Would be very interested to hear how it was since I'm considering doing it next year.

ellellen

• Forum Regular
  • bleep bloop
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2017, 01:13:04 pm »
It could be because moodle's calculation of results is different to the official result calculation.
I know at RMIT that Blackboard results were calculated differently to the official result calculation, so that could be the reason why your results are different.
Alas congratulations on the good results, particularity on Torts since I know many people who do the subject, hate doing it.

Yep, that's very possible! I'm just glad my score ended up being higher than i thought it would, and not the other way around!

And thanks! Torts was definitely not one of my favourite subjects so I'm very glad that I'm done with it now!!!

ellellen

• Forum Regular
  • bleep bloop
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2017, 01:39:19 pm »
+5
Hey, how did you find ATS2595 The rise and fall of Nazi Germany? Would be very interested to hear how it was since I'm considering doing it next year.

Overall I found ATS2595 alright. Not the best history unit I've taken, but definitely not the worst. I'll probably do a full subject review on the review thread, but i'll do a quick breakdown here too:

The content: There were definitely a few standout weeks where the lecture content and all the readings were super interesting, and there were other weeks where the content was incredibly dry and dull. It was a real mixed bag.

Assignments: The assignments for this unit were really nice.
- Primary source analysis of like a 3 page document (20%)
- Research essay on a very very broad and general topic (40%)
- A journal: for this you just had to write a recap of what you learnt from one of the readings, the lecture, and tutorial for 6 weeks of the semester. This was nice because it was mainly just reflection, and pretty much 0 referencing. (30%)
- Tutorial participation (10%)

The readings: you get quite a few long readings for each week so it's often hard to complete them all. However, for the journal assignment you only need to have done one of the readings for each week, so doing them all isn't ever really necessary except for participating in tutorial discussions. A few of the readings were very interesting, but I found a majority of them were pretty boring.

Lectures: While the content for some of the weeks was really interesting, the lectures themselves pretty much never were. The lectures only last for one hour, but they always felt like they dragged on and on forever. The lecturer was quite monotonous and mainly just read off the slides, and I found the lectures to be really unenjoyable.

So overall: if you have a real interest in Nazi Germany, and if you are a fan of pretty reasonable assessment tasks, then I would recommend this unit! But just be warned about a lot of dry content, and not super fun lectures.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2017, 01:50:02 pm »
+4
Well done on those results - brilliant!

ellellen

• Forum Regular
  • bleep bloop
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2017, 09:46:19 pm »
+4
Well done on those results - brilliant!

Haha thanks so much!! It was nice meeting you today! :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2017, 09:50:24 am »
+3
Haha thanks so much!! It was nice meeting you today! :)

You also! :)

ellellen

• Forum Regular
  • bleep bloop
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2018, 07:38:44 pm »
+8
26/2/18

wow okay it's been a while since i last posted here!

hi! today was my first day back at uni. i only had one 1.5 hour lecture for Property A. It was a little boring, but i think that's just because it was the first lecture, and i think it will get more interesting with time. The lecturer seemed really nice. Then i went to a workshop that gave tips and tricks for mooting because i'm entering the general moot which starts later this week!!!!

i did the first year moot last year and found it sososo stressful and i told myself i would never do it again. but then my partner from last year was interested in doing it again this year, so i thought "okay lol, why not!"

For anyone who does not know what mooting is: pretty much it's like a fake court hearing. two teams argue opposite sides of a case in front of a judge, and the team that is most persuasive wins. You get the details of a case, and then have about four or five days to do a lot lot lot of research and find cases that could help out your argument, before having to raise your points in front of the judge. then, two nights later, you have to argue the opposite side of the case!!!!! It's stressful because there is so little time to prepare, and also it's not like debating, where you just read your speech, and sit down while the other team rebuts you and argue their points. In moot court the judge interjects to ask you questions, and forces you to stray from your prepared answers!

I'm a little stressed, but right now I'm getting ahead of all of my normal uni work, so that when the problem is released in a few days, i can totally focus on that!

Okay that's all for now :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2018, 02:38:03 pm »
26/2/18

wow okay it's been a while since i last posted here!

hi! today was my first day back at uni. i only had one 1.5 hour lecture for Property A. It was a little boring, but i think that's just because it was the first lecture, and i think it will get more interesting with time. The lecturer seemed really nice. Then i went to a workshop that gave tips and tricks for mooting because i'm entering the general moot which starts later this week!!!!

i did the first year moot last year and found it sososo stressful and i told myself i would never do it again. but then my partner from last year was interested in doing it again this year, so i thought "okay lol, why not!"

For anyone who does not know what mooting is: pretty much it's like a fake court hearing. two teams argue opposite sides of a case in front of a judge, and the team that is most persuasive wins. You get the details of a case, and then have about four or five days to do a lot lot lot of research and find cases that could help out your argument, before having to raise your points in front of the judge. then, two nights later, you have to argue the opposite side of the case!!!!! It's stressful because there is so little time to prepare, and also it's not like debating, where you just read your speech, and sit down while the other team rebuts you and argue their points. In moot court the judge interjects to ask you questions, and forces you to stray from your prepared answers!

I'm a little stressed, but right now I'm getting ahead of all of my normal uni work, so that when the problem is released in a few days, i can totally focus on that!

Okay that's all for now :)

Woo, great to hear from you! ;D

How's your first week treated you overall?