Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 04:17:56 am

Author Topic: For Shout Outs and Appreciation!  (Read 454403 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: For Shout Outs and Appreciation!
« Reply #405 on: August 03, 2017, 05:21:13 pm »
+6
Smash the +1 button for K888, here. Amazing post.

https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=172648.msg970234#msg970234

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #406 on: August 03, 2017, 05:56:31 pm »
+8
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #407 on: August 03, 2017, 07:57:27 pm »
+6
Smash the +1 button for K888, here. Amazing post.

https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=172648.msg970234#msg970234
+1 has been smashed.

Thanks guys! Just doing my part :D

Also, I can't feel bad about procrastinating uni stuff when I'm doing productive stuff on AN haha

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #408 on: August 03, 2017, 08:23:12 pm »
+13
Shout out to 13cheungjn1 who has been giving some amazingly helpful answers the last few weeks! Handwritten answers, detailed solutions and advice, all awesome ;D thanks so much for being around!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #409 on: August 03, 2017, 10:34:13 pm »
+17
Shout out to our two new HSC mods, kiwiberry and MisterNeo who have both done an amazing job answering questions in their section during the Trial rush, even though they are in the thick of some serious study themselves. Truly incredible individuals, so glad to have you on board ;D

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #410 on: August 03, 2017, 10:51:44 pm »
+13
Shout out to 13cheungjn1 who has been giving some amazingly helpful answers the last few weeks! Handwritten answers, detailed solutions and advice, all awesome ;D thanks so much for being around!

aww thanks! :) All of you guys posting and helping other people out really inspired me to do the same, just glad to help out!
Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?

kiwiberry

• HSC LECTURER
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +97
« Reply #411 on: August 03, 2017, 11:11:31 pm »
+13
Shout out to our two new HSC mods, kiwiberry and MisterNeo who have both done an amazing job answering questions in their section during the Trial rush, even though they are in the thick of some serious study themselves. Truly incredible individuals, so glad to have you on board ;D

Thanks Jamon :') always happy to help out!! Answering questions counts as study right :P
HSC 2017: English Adv (93) | Maths Ext 1 (99) | Maths Ext 2 (97) | Chemistry (95) | Physics (95)
ATAR: 99.85

MisterNeo

• MOTM: MAY 2017
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +454
« Reply #412 on: August 03, 2017, 11:38:00 pm »
+13
Thanks heaps! ;D
Happy to help out as teaching is learning :)
And my trials are next week ._.

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #413 on: August 05, 2017, 10:03:35 pm »
+13
i feel like I only really use this thread to boast about how amazing the HSC history fam is...

but just check out how AMAZING the HSC history fam is. History extension is one of the hardest subjects going, and is one of the hardest subjects to get help for given how small the cohort is... is something I would have said before katie,rinos, Maraos and mitchello all smashed it out of the park - each providing a super detailed, unique and thorough response to a question posted only a few hours ago. Getting three amazing, unique answers to one question is unprecedented in most sections of the forum - let alone history extension. Well done guys!! Love you all (and good luck if you're doing the trial on Monday!!!) <3
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

Maraos

• Trendsetter
  • Atar Notes = Productive procrastination.... right?
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #414 on: August 05, 2017, 10:14:45 pm »
+11
i feel like I only really use this thread to boast about how amazing the HSC history fam is...

but just check out how AMAZING the HSC history fam is. History extension is one of the hardest subjects going, and is one of the hardest subjects to get help for given how small the cohort is... is something I would have said before katie,rinos, Maraos and mitchello all smashed it out of the park - each providing a super detailed, unique and thorough response to a question posted only a few hours ago. Getting three amazing, unique answers to one question is unprecedented in most sections of the forum - let alone history extension. Well done guys!! Love you all (and good luck if you're doing the trial on Monday!!!) <3
Haha thanks Susie for the shoutout! ;D ;D
Honestly the ATAR notes community in general (including yourself and the other moderators) has encouraged me personally to engage with other student's questions. This not only helps the student struggling with the question but I also see it as an opportunity to further develop my own understanding, like they say if you can teach it then you know it haha :D

2016 HSC:
Mathematics
(1 down 6 to go... :D)

2017 HSC:
Physics
Extension 1 Mathematics
Design and Technology
Ancient History
History Extension
English Advanced

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #415 on: August 05, 2017, 10:25:27 pm »
+12

Thanks so much Susie! Really happy to try and help out-I know how hard a subject this is! This is actually really helping me with my knowledge-like we were in class last week and I instinctively went to answer one of my friends questions (and I don't normally talk a lot in class). We were doing revision stuff last week and I found that I knew heaps more then I thought :D. My trials start on Monday and I have nine exams so it's pretty stressful but I love how this community is able to answer any questions that I have. :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 10:29:07 pm by katie,rinos »
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

mitchello

• Trailblazer
  • This sentence is false.
  • Respect: +30
« Reply #416 on: August 05, 2017, 10:32:39 pm »
+10

Aayyy, shout out to you too for engaging with pretty much every thread I visit (history <3). Always a thoughtful, comprehensive response, especially in the debating thread for extension (supported by the fact that I haven't even finished reading it yet lol)
Advanced English//Mathematics//Economics//Legal Studies//Ancient History//History Extension

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #417 on: August 05, 2017, 10:39:34 pm »
+10
Haha thanks Susie for the shoutout! ;D ;D
Honestly the ATAR notes community in general (including yourself and the other moderators) has encouraged me personally to engage with other student's questions. This not only helps the student struggling with the question but I also see it as an opportunity to further develop my own understanding, like they say if you can teach it then you know it haha :D

This makes me feel so warm and fuzzy. You're an absolute legend man - and you've definitely hit the nail on the head there! It is one of the best ways to study (particularly skills revising) - exactly what I realised around this time last year with Modern History. Answering questions (trying my best to get in there before jake 8)) was such a good study method - a great way to break up the monotony of constant past papers, and solidify structure and skills in my head. Like if I could explain the purpose of a 'reliability test' in a source analysis, then I was never going to forget to include one! Of course such a bonus that you are able to help out so many other students in the process, and let me tell ya, your answer is going to help out so so so many, particularly around Trials!!

Thanks so much Susie! Really happy to try and help out-I know how hard a subject this is! This is actually really helping me with my knowledge-like we were in class last week and I instinctively went to answer one of my friends questions (and I don't normally talk a lot in class). We were doing revision stuff last week and I found that I knew heaps more then I thought :D. My trials start on Monday and I have nine exams so it's pretty stressful but I love how this community is able to answer any questions that I have. :)
So good! So glad that you are feeling more confident in class, because you definitely should be! Your answers are always absolutely fab (for anyone who isn't a regular on the history extension thread - Katie is pretty much a veteran question answers on there by now ;)). I know you are going to smash all of those exams, particularly that ancient and extension exam  8)

Aayyy, shout out to you too for engaging with pretty much every thread I visit (history <3). Always a thoughtful, comprehensive response, especially in the debating thread for extension (supported by the fact that I haven't even finished reading it yet lol)
And I'm starting to see you more and more! Which is making me so happy - all of your posts make me smile :) I'm so glad that I could be helpful, and particularly glad that you are enjoying the debate thread (a few arguments I've got to get to over this weekend!) - sosososo pleased that that thread is finally taking off <3
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #418 on: August 05, 2017, 10:40:51 pm »
+14
Shoutout to my sister for finally biting the bullet and making an AN account even though she doesn't do VCE or HSC, but is on struggle street with Chemistry for her IB so she's come looking for help :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #419 on: August 05, 2017, 10:46:01 pm »
+7
Shoutout to my sister for finally biting the bullet and making an AN account even though she doesn't do VCE or HSC, but is on struggle street with Chemistry for her IB so she's come looking for help :)
She's looking in the right place!
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️