Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 30, 2024, 01:25:14 am

Author Topic: Easy art electives at Monash Clayton....  (Read 17990 times)  Share 

starbuckscoffee

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Easy art electives at Monash Clayton....
« on: January 08, 2010, 09:35:12 am »
Does anyone (preferably those who have done it) know of any easy art electives at Monash Clayton? And by easy i mean limited contact hours, exam is worth little (becos i always seem to fuck up the exam, lol). etc...

Thanks,

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
Re: Easy art electives at Monash Clayton....
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 12:35:57 pm »
if you want limited contact hours, just avoid languages, everything else seems to have the same amount of contact hours (3per week i think :P )

i know its not actually an arts subject, but one of my friends did marketing (in an arts degree tho) and said it was one of the easiest things he has ever done
2010: Bachelor of Economics @ Monash University - Clayton
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 02:05:13 pm »
Oh yeah, I helped a friend study for marketing, and felt by the end of it that I could probably ace the exam were it not for the specific jargon they use. It's very much common-sense based, you just have to learn a new vocabulary, basically.

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 02:09:53 pm »
Oh yeah, I helped a friend study for marketing, and felt by the end of it that I could probably ace the exam were it not for the specific jargon they use. It's very much common-sense based, you just have to learn a new vocabulary, basically.

this soooo reminds me of vce business management lol
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 02:33:49 pm »
if you want limited contact hours, just avoid languages, everything else seems to have the same amount of contact hours (3per week i think :P )

i know its not actually an arts subject, but one of my friends did marketing (in an arts degree tho) and said it was one of the easiest things he has ever done

Ha ha... yeah... first year marketing is pretty easy.
David Toleman, one of the lecturers, is quite funny... just don't expect to learn much from his lectures.

Take some first year English Writing or Australian History subjects if you want something easy... from what I hear, it's usually just international students taking them, so natives with a bit of background knowledge are in for an easy ride.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 02:35:48 pm »
i just want to quickly know, do both monash and uom offer similar subjects and are the subjects that are easy at monash also tend to be easy at uom?

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 02:57:11 pm »
i just want to quickly know, do both monash and uom offer similar subjects and are the subjects that are easy at monash also tend to be easy at uom?

Subjects in faculties such as Law, Commerce and Science are similar... perhaps not so much with a less rigid faculty such as Arts.

It's unlikely that you'll find someone who's been to both Monash and UoM that can actually answer the comparison part of your question.

I can tell you that UoM and Monash both use the same textbook for first year Japanese... so in this instance the courses are almost identical.
I imagine this is the exception, rather than the rule though.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

amirite?

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 03:26:15 pm »
Major Studies at Monash Clayton:
Anthropology, Archaeology and ancient history, Asian studies, Australian indigenous archaeology, Australian indigenous studies, Australian studies, Behavioural studies, Chinese, Chinese studies, Chinese translation, Classical studies, Communications, Comparative literature and cultural studies, Creative writing, Criminology, Drama and theatre studies, English, English as an international language, European and European Union studies, Film and television studies, French studies, Gender studies, Geography and environmental science, German studies, Hebrew, History, Human rights, Indonesian, Indonesian studies, International studies, Italian studies, Japanese, Japanese studies, Jewish civilization, Korean and Korean studies, Linguistics, Music, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Religion and theology, Sociology, Spanish and Latin American studies, Sustainability, Theatre studies, Ukrainian, Visual culture.

Major Studies at UoM:
Ancient Greek, Ancient world studies, Anthropology, Arabic, Art history, Asian studies, Australian indigenous studies, Australian studies, Chinese, Chinese studies, Cinema studies, Classics, Creative writing, Criminology, Cultural studies, Development studies, Economics, English, Environmental studies, European studies, French, Gender studies, Geography, German, Hebrew, History, History and philosophy of science, Indonesian, International studies, Islamic studies, Italian, Japanese, Jewish studies, Latin, Linguistics and applied linguistics, Media and communications, Philosophy, Political science, Psychology, Russian, Social theory, Sociology, Spanish, Swedish.

mangmang712

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 02:00:51 pm »
is politics a difficult discipline?

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 06:00:05 pm »
is politics a difficult discipline?

i dont think its particulary hard (compared to some other disciplines)

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 07:20:41 pm »
Limited contact hours: most humanities subjects (including politics) only have ~3 contact hours a week, but that's because you need to do a lot of background reading yourself (especially politics) if you want to do remotely well

Easy: if you did a language in VCE, and you really don't care about being bored/not learning anything, try to get into level 3 - it's basically a repeat of VCE LOTE and you're mostly up against beginners who haven't had all those high school years' experience with the language
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

Muuru

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 03:04:14 am »
I'd put Academic Writing (ENH1250) as one of the easiest subjects to gain decent marks in. However, it's very, very boring. The lecturer also talks very fast and tends to ramble about irrelevant stuff frequently. I still found it to be the easiest of the eight units I did in first year though.

Sociology subjects are also quite easy when compared to other arts disciplines.

BA Monash, MTeach Melb., GradCertEd Melb.

gemgem49

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • no hesitation
  • Respect: +35
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 09:23:22 pm »
journalism. and dont even bother buying the textbooks. I got HD without listening to a single lecture.
[ VCE 2008 ] Legal Studies 45 - English 39 - Biology 37 - History Revolutions 37 - Literature 24
ENTER: 92.80

[ 2009 - 2010 ] Arts (Global) at Monash University, Clayton.
[ 2011 ] went insane
[ 2012 ] Bachelor of Arts at Monash University, Clayton