Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 22, 2024, 02:12:46 pm

Author Topic: General Questions  (Read 22839 times)  Share 

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
Re: General Questions
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2016, 05:37:46 pm »
Hmm

Depending on how you argue the related text you can use it for any module. (Obviously I don't advise the same related text for all modules but you can pick which one you use which.)

Umm.. The only module which needs a related text is Module C isnt it? And then the AoS
EDIT: Forgot Mod A because in standard to compare texts, one is prescribed one is related?

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2016, 05:48:58 pm »
Umm.. The only module which needs a related text is Module C isnt it? And then the AoS
EDIT: Forgot Mod A because in standard to compare texts, one is prescribed one is related?
Yeah only in advanced do you get prescribed two texts.

But even though a related text you thought was good for Mod C may be better for the AoS. Which leaves my point still valid.

Of course, it's up to you how you argue it though.

Lauradf36

• Trendsetter
  • "Don't rest on your laurels. Decorate with them"
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 10:22:35 pm »
General tips when you have trials in a week and feel like you have never been more underprepared in your life??
ATAR: 98.85

English Adv: 94
English Ext: 47/50
Ancient history: 94
Legal studies: 94
Music I: 93
Religion II: 95

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 10:39:58 pm »
General tips when you have trials in a week and feel like you have never been more underprepared in your life??
Stuff in here relate to once the trial block has started but why do you claim to feel underprepared?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 11:25:28 pm »

Rui's guide above is awesome! Beyond this, relax. This is just a Trial run, there is no need for it to cause you undue stress ;D just study when you can, rest often, target your big problem areas (the topics that make you queasy thinking about them), and besides that, just do your best!! The biggest part of Trials is figuring out what works for you in big exam blocks, it's a testing ground. Yes, it counts towards assessment, but that's not a big deal. Figuring out what works for you is a much more important aspect in my opinion  ;D

Lauradf36

• Trendsetter
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2016, 04:49:36 pm »
Stuff in here relate to once the trial block has started but why do you claim to feel underprepared?

I have all my notes, but not all my quotes, and no time to study them properly! I normally like to hand-write them to get it in my head but obviously there is no time for that... so I feel like I'm just going to remember nothing :-\

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2016, 05:17:54 pm »
+1
I have all my notes, but not all my quotes, and no time to study them properly! I normally like to hand-write them to get it in my head but obviously there is no time for that... so I feel like I'm just going to remember nothing :-\

You'll be amazed at how much you remember when you actually get into the exam room!! For both Paper 1 and 2 before going in i couldn't remember squat about my ORT's. In there, quotes and techniques just naturally came to me. Weirdest feeling especially when I had not used my Paper 1 ORT for 9+ months.

But if you are positive now you will be positive in the exam room. If you are miserable now and stress out then you will probably stress out in the exam room. It is all about mindset.
I know im such a hypocrite lol

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2016, 08:42:16 pm »

If you want to cram your quotes, the best way to do it is to just spend 2 hours memorising out loud. Read your first quote aloud. Turn around and repeat it out loud 3 times. Turn back, read the first and the second quote. Turn back around, repeat both three times. Keep that going, then when you are done, do it in reverse! ;D

It is the most boring thing ever, but it works, I crammed all the quotes for Paper 2 in a couple of hours this way (and there were well over 100 of those)  ;D

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2016, 08:47:55 pm »
I managed to memorise my quotes (and relevant techniques) by just copying them over and over again until they were drilled into my head. After a while I started writing them module by module without looking at the sheets

Then I wrote them in the order module A -> module B -> module C -> AoS -> rinse and repeat.

By the end of it they were absolutely in my head.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2016, 09:49:19 pm »
I managed to memorise my quotes (and relevant techniques) by just copying them over and over again until they were drilled into my head. After a while I started writing them module by module without looking at the sheets

Then I wrote them in the order module A -> module B -> module C -> AoS -> rinse and repeat.

Ahaha quote learning is seriously boring stuff  >:(

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2016, 09:53:51 pm »
Ikr :(

conic curve

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2016, 10:00:49 pm »
will applying them through practice essays help you remember it better?

What if you fill your bedroom with wallpapers of quotes you need to remember for english?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2016, 10:04:26 pm »
will applying them through practice essays help you remember it better?

What if you fill your bedroom with wallpapers of quotes you need to remember for english?

Both are awesome ideas!! My bedroom wall was full of Math formulas, so I took another route with my English quotes, but it definitely works as long as you give it time to sink in ;) and practice essays definitely help as well!  ;D

Lauradf36

• Trendsetter
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2016, 04:50:54 pm »
Thanks everyone, these are wonderful tips! I will definitely have to have a serious quote learning day this weekend.  :-\

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 08:29:48 pm »

Lol by the end of that i would be going  mod a -> mod b -> mod c -> aos -> drown out sorrows with bleach and give up on life/procrastinate ;D
But i agree with you fully quote learning is so long and arduous... :(