Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 04:40:37 am

Author Topic: How to remember Quotes for upcoming comparative sac  (Read 1517 times)  Share 

dream chaser

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +4
How to remember Quotes for upcoming comparative sac
« on: September 09, 2019, 05:57:08 pm »
Hi Guys,

So I have my Comparative English SAC on Wednesday on Black Diggers and The Longest Memory. Does anyone have any ways in which you think I should remember quotes which are essential?

Thanks  :)  All replies will be much appreciated.

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
Re: How to remember Quotes for upcoming comparative sac
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 06:27:47 pm »
+1
Hi Guys,

So I have my Comparative English SAC on Wednesday on Black Diggers and The Longest Memory. Does anyone have any ways in which you think I should remember quotes which are essential?

I suggest compiling some quotes on paper relating to each of your arguments before the SAC (preferably tonight) and creating a planning sheet.
If you have time to make a planning sheet in the SAC, you can replicate the one you've made already. If not, hopefully your topic sentence and your example you've chosen to use can jog your memory as to which quotes you've decided to use.
Coincidentally, I also have a comparative SAC on Wed on BD/TLM. Wishing you good luck, dream chaser!

dream chaser

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 09:20:36 pm »
+2
I suggest compiling some quotes on paper relating to each of your arguments before the SAC (preferably tonight) and creating a planning sheet.
If you have time to make a planning sheet in the SAC, you can replicate the one you've made already. If not, hopefully your topic sentence and your example you've chosen to use can jog your memory as to which quotes you've decided to use.
Coincidentally, I also have a comparative SAC on Wed on BD/TLM. Wishing you good luck, dream chaser!

Thank you for the feedback. Will take it on board. I wish you the best of luck as well with your comparative sac, jeydanaazli

sara.vce

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 08:18:41 am »
Hi Guys,

I love making mindmaps about themes with all of the information that I can gather relating to them. If you add in quotes too, you can see which are the most versatile and memorise those in particular. Even just the action of writing them down in a mindmap can help you remember them but I like to create a separate flashcard for each quote or a hand-written sheet with all the quotes I need to remember.
I also made a post about it on my blog with some other ideas if you're interested: https://chamomileandcolour.wordpress.com/2019/08/08/how-to-memorise-quotes/ .
Hope that helped!

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

• Forum Obsessive
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 01:06:34 pm »
+2
This may be an unconventional way to remember quotes but... it has helped me immensely.

I actually suggest Quizlet for every single subject you are taking.

How do I remember quotes using quizlet?

Well, collate a mind map of quotes, then I type half of them onto one flash card, the other on the other side of the flashcard.

Eg,

"Hello I'm doing..."       "...Very well thank you."

If you want to see how I did it my username on quizlet is 'theghostwhoquizzes,"

Best of luck (:
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [38] Psychology [38] Vis Com [36] Software Development [40] Further Maths [35]
ATAR: 87.95 ❤️

2020-2023 Bachelor of Arts @ Unimelb

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 08:02:26 pm »
+1
This may be an unconventional way to remember quotes but... it has helped me immensely.

I actually suggest Quizlet for every single subject you are taking.
I do a similar thing. I put the theme of each quote on one side of the card, and then the actual quote on the other side. It's how I learn them for essays and only takes me an hour or two.