Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 18, 2024, 08:45:13 pm

Author Topic: Pay per subject?  (Read 1251 times)  Share 

merlin

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Pay per subject?
« on: July 22, 2008, 03:40:20 pm »
I am a year 12 student and am wondering how do I pay for a university course. I know there is a yearly fee for a course and if can get in with an ENTER above the guarenteed ENTER u should get CSP. However there are some courses that you need to pay per subject or is that only for double degrees? Can someone give me explanation regarding this. Cheers  :crazy2:

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
Re: Pay per subject?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 06:21:26 pm »
and if can get in with an ENTER above the guarenteed ENTER u should get CSP.

Wrong. The guaranteed ENTER means you are guaranteed a spot only if you wish to pay full-fee. The ENTER you need for a CSP spot depends on supply and demand.

cara.mel

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 08:45:24 pm »
Generally, all the units offered within each faculty cost the same.
Units from different faculties cost different amounts (because of that band 0, 1, 2, 3 stuff)

merlin

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 11:42:46 pm »
Wrong. The guaranteed ENTER means you are guaranteed a spot only if you wish to pay full-fee. The ENTER you need for a CSP spot depends on supply and demand.

Yes u are quite right, however what I was trying to say was if I got the Round 1 clearly-in ENTER, then I can get CSP.

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 01:15:16 am »

Yes u are quite right, however what I was trying to say was if I got the Round 1 clearly-in ENTER, then I can get CSP.

You pay by the semester (but the price depends on how many subjects you do, and from what faculty they are from), by the way.

If you're on CSP, then you can set your HECS-HELP to automatically put it on your HECS-HELP debt, where it will automatically be paid every semester.

The only case where you might have to pay abnormally high fees is if you took a summer course, or are using a community access program to do subjects that cannot fit in your degree. You need to pay full-fee for these subjects. Of course, that's no difference if you're normally doing full-fee anyway - just could be a shock to a CSPer.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 01:17:27 am by coblin »