Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 07:42:44 pm

Author Topic: HAJJ  (Read 2443 times)  Share 

jessgee

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
HAJJ
« on: June 12, 2018, 12:11:05 pm »
Hi
For my upcoming assment i have a research essay for the Hajj and i am confused on how to structure the esaay

Elizabethk

• Fresh Poster
Re: HAJJ
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 11:37:08 am »
Hi
For my upcoming assment i have a research essay for the Hajj and i am confused on how to structure the esaay

Brun

• Adventurer
Re: HAJJ
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 04:38:11 pm »
+1
This is how I would structure it.

Intro: Briefly outline what hajj is (a pilgrimage to Mecca conducted by all Muslims who are able to once in their life...), its importance to the Muslim faith (e.g. cleansing, connection to God) and state that there are many rituals to be conducted during Hajj.

Body paragraphs: More detail on hajj pilgrimage (e.g. what time of year it is done). Then I would go through each of the steps of hajj, each time explaining what significance that ritual has (e.g. symbolism). For the body paragraphs, depending on your essay question, you might link hajj to the other aspects of the Muslim faith (e.g. ethics, personality).

Conclusion: Summarise the importance of hajj and what it represents to Muslims.

Were you given a specific essay question? It's quite hard to just write an essay on hajj without a question as it'll end up being quite vague and simply describing the hajj actions without linking to a specific aspect of Islam.