Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 02, 2024, 02:40:42 am

Author Topic: Arts 2009. Yeeeeah.  (Read 14556 times)  Share 

Butler

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +11
Re: Arts 2009. Yeeeeah.
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2008, 03:44:43 pm »
Excellent, in that case, my plan for next year can still come to fruition. I was concerned for a minute there.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett.

I (L) probability.

VCE '08: Philosophy, Literature, History: Revs, Methods & English Language

memka

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 05:24:34 pm »
1st pref BA at ANU.
I want to major in Archaeology and Biological Anthropology. 
2007: Psychology
2008: English, Methods, Biology, French, Music Solo        ENTER: 92.65
2009: Bachelor of Arts @ ANU

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2008, 05:51:04 pm »
Yeah you can. I am.

you're doing science though. I'm not sure whether an Arts person can do an Arts subject in a diploma for breadth. Better find out from the uni, Butler.

ilovesuck

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2008, 06:54:28 pm »
ive got arts melbourne as my second preference at the moment, but i think i will change it to first preference after ENTER results come out.

i keep switching psychology (honours) @ monash and arts @ melbourne (psych) back and forth; cant decide!

Butler

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2008, 07:19:48 pm »
Yeah you can. I am.

you're doing science though. I'm not sure whether an Arts person can do an Arts subject in a diploma for breadth. Better find out from the uni, Butler.

At the open day I was told by a woman the languages faculty that a diploma of languages can count as the breadth element of an Arts degree. Now that doubt has been cast, I plan on checking again, but she seemed quite confident in telling me that.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett.

I (L) probability.

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2008, 07:45:38 pm »
Yeah you can. I am.

At the open day I was told by a woman the languages faculty that a diploma of languages can count as the breadth element of an Arts degree. Now that doubt has been cast, I plan on checking again, but she seemed quite confident in telling me that.

Nah, she would know better than me. Good for you, circumventing breadth :)

btw do you go to that school in Sunbury that you can see from the train line?

jaynie13

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2008, 08:26:33 pm »
really hope you guys are right re:diploma instead of breadth! if so, makes me even happier to be applying to UoM!

Butler

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2008, 09:52:49 pm »
Yeah you can. I am.

There are two high schools, one on either side of the train line. I go to the one on the right as you're heading towards the city. Are you from around the area?

I (L) probability.

Amnesiac

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2008, 10:03:47 pm »
UoM is one of the only Arts degrees that offers Archaeology so i think it will be my first preference. I am altering mine in a few weeks time, when the 'Change of Preferences' is open.
2007 | Visual Communication and Design [37] VCE VET Hospitality [39]
2008 | Media Studies [42] English [40] History Revolutions [40] Further Mathematics [39] Psychology [37]
ENTER | 91.15

2009 | Arts/Education [Secondary] - Monash Clayton.

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2008, 12:05:38 am »
Yeah you can. I am.

There are two high schools, one on either side of the train line. I go to the one on the right as you're heading towards the city. Are you from around the area?

I did yrs 6-10 +12 in Bendigo. I recall the school on the left as being really pretty, not sure I've seen yours

Butler

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2008, 10:01:52 am »
Yeah you can. I am.

I did yrs 6-10 +12 in Bendigo. I recall the school on the left as being really pretty, not sure I've seen yours

Ah, ok. The school on the left is the Catholic private school, and I go to the public school next door. Next time you're passing by, look out for a breeding ground of portables, and you'll have found my school.

I (L) probability.

jaynie13

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2008, 05:14:25 pm »
has anyone checked the UoM website? cos that has course plans, and NOWHERE does it say that you can take a diploma instead of breadth, you have to do both.

jess3254

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2008, 05:19:07 pm »
Arts would be an awesome course to do.

If I don't get into Medicine initially, I'd probably do an Arts/Science degree, and major in History or Politics and Spanish :)

bturville

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2008, 05:57:07 pm »
has anyone checked the UoM website? cos that has course plans, and NOWHERE does it say that you can take a diploma instead of breadth, you have to do both.
yeah, i'm now kinda doubting you can if you're doing arts. if you want to do a language you need to major in in, pretty much. Breadth sucks :(

Amnesiac

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2008, 07:29:54 pm »
I don't completely understand Breadth. Does anyone want to explain it to me in as little compexity as possible?

:)
2007 | Visual Communication and Design [37] VCE VET Hospitality [39]
2008 | Media Studies [42] English [40] History Revolutions [40] Further Mathematics [39] Psychology [37]
ENTER | 91.15

2009 | Arts/Education [Secondary] - Monash Clayton.