Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 04:23:49 am

Author Topic: University  (Read 517 times)

LadyWhoAsksTooMuchQuestions

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
University
« on: October 23, 2018, 06:28:13 pm »
hey guys,
just a question.

so many people have been receiving early offers and it's great, congrats on them.

however, there is this girl who is in my class, she doesn't try very much and gets just above 50%. the only problem with this is that she got an early offer from WSU.

now, as a person who works hard and filled her application, i didnt get one. is it because she filled it out earlier than me? it's just sadening how people who don't try hard get somewhere in life.
my parents would've been thrilled if i got in and i'd still try in my hsc exams.
it brings tears to my eyes because, along with other people, how we don't get noticed. im upset because im not an A+ but i try hard. of course, i'm going to try to get the highest atar possible, but sometimes i dont believe in myself, hence why i'm so upset about not getting early offers.

is there still a chance to get one or no..?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 06:39:28 pm by LadyWhoAsksTooMuchQuestions »
Failure.

2018 HSC Subjects:
English Standard
Studies of Religion II
Information Digital and Technology
Community and Family Studies
Senior Science

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
Re: University
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 06:48:43 pm »
+6
I think the thing about early entry sometimes is that people who otherwise may not have a solid chance of getting into their preferred course can be given a chance through the early entry scheme. I believe that your efforts would have definitely been noticed, maybe they were just limited with numbers of students allowed into the course through early entry. Try not to feel disheartened. Although I do understand how you feel as I remember walking out of my interview thinking I completely stuffed it up. But I learnt to accept that early entry is merely a safety net, and while it can be good to have one, you don't always need it.

Trust me that the people who don't work hard after receiving early entry may not get far, but you, being dedicated to your studies and ambitious, will succeed far beyond early entry!

I wish you the best of luck for the rest of your exams  :)

2018 HSC