Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 10:43:15 pm

Author Topic: VCE attendance - special considerations?  (Read 1962 times)  Share 

hannah1999

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
VCE attendance - special considerations?
« on: May 30, 2017, 01:11:46 pm »
if you do not meet the attendance requirements set by the school or VCAA for each unit , will I still be able to pass even if I  complete all the work? Will i be able to use special considerations and get a certificate from a doctor or psychologist? If so what is the process and how should I do it.

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
Re: VCE attendance - special considerations?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 01:25:05 pm »
+6
Hi, Hannah -- welcome to ATAR Notes!

Whether you can pass your school's attendance requirements is up to the school -- it varies from place to place. For VCAA, however, I think it is best I just quote the Administrative Handbook

When a student is absent from school for prolonged periods, or has been unable to complete all assessment tasks because of illness or other special circumstances, the school may, upon application from the student, grant Special Provision for School-based Assessments. In this case, the student should not be penalised for lack of attendance. The Special Provision granted may allow a student to work from home for a period of time. Schoolsshould ensure they retain documentation about  any  decisions  relating  to  granting  provisions  for  School-based  Assessment,  including supporting  evidence.

So, talk to your school and talk to your doctor :) Good luck.
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢