Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 22, 2024, 06:50:43 pm

Author Topic: VCE Business Management Exam Discussion and Solutions  (Read 21530 times)

KANYEWEST

• Trailblazer
  • Kanye for President 2020
  • Respect: +1
Re: VCE Business Management Exam Discussion and Solutions
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2017, 09:12:46 am »
Hey all!
Have we managed to get a copy of the BUSMAN exam?

Thank you x  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Kanye West x

amy17

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2017, 09:49:51 am »
What does the word “examine” ask you to do?

KANYEWEST

• Trailblazer
  • Kanye for President 2020
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2017, 10:23:12 am »
+1
What does the word “examine” ask you to do?

examine: to inspect thoroughly to help determine the nature of the concept, very similar to analyse.
Kanye West x

amandajostolio

• Adventurer
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2017, 08:30:38 pm »
+1
can anyone provide a short example of how they answered the goal setting theory? Really stressed as i feel like i butchered the exam and wont get a 30 SS :(

Cactus Jack x Huncho

• Adventurer
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2017, 10:23:36 pm »
can anyone provide a short example of how they answered the goal setting theory? Really stressed as i feel like i butchered the exam and wont get a 30 SS :(

right, i think the question required you to discuss the five main principles/elements of the lock and latham goal setting theory. These were clarify, challenge, commitment, task complexity and feedback. Then, you had to apply these to that car business and say how these would increase the morale and what not. Question said examine the appropriateness, so im not so sure ifyou needed pros and cons of these theory. A person in this forum before seemed to have said that since it was examine, you needed pros and cons but i cant see that because the questions specifically asked for its appropriateness. Yes, this is long but anyway, hope i helped and dont stress about your SS, youll get what you get. Too late to worry about it now! :) 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2017, 01:45:10 pm »

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Elayg6

• Forum Regular
VCE Business Management Exam Discussion and Solutions
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2017, 07:39:49 pm »
Would the lean management principle question be answered correctly if you said it was based on Just In Time, Kaizen, and Use of Automation to reduce and eliminate waste in the manufacturing process, rather than the steps?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 07:42:14 pm by Elayg6 »

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +97
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2017, 09:43:08 pm »
Would the lean management principle question be answered correctly if you said it was based on Just In Time, Kaizen, and Use of Automation to reduce and eliminate waste in the manufacturing process, rather than the steps?

I believe so  :) (depending on the extent you justified this)
2017: | Business Management [47] |
2018: | Legal Studies [50] (Premier's) | English [48] | Accounting [41] | Japanese SL [38] | Maths Methods [32] |

ATAR: 99.40 2019 Onwards: Laws (Hons)/Arts @ Monash

NathanG

• Trailblazer
  • 2+2=4-1=3
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2017, 09:52:35 am »
What did you guys say for the area of management responsibility? (first question of the case study) & how did it help Shandra's be more sustainable? Feel like that (and the lean questions) stumped me a bit
2017 ATAR: 79
2016 | Biology (30)
2017 | English (35) | Further Maths (35) | Business Management (40) | Psychology (31) | Physical Education (33) |

GuZz

• Trendsetter
  • Socially and Ethically responsible.
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2017, 02:23:36 pm »
+1
What did you guys say for the area of management responsibility? (first question of the case study) & how did it help Shandra's be more sustainable? Feel like that (and the lean questions) stumped me a bit
I believe I discussed the area of 'Technology support'. And how ensuring that green technology is purchased and maintained would in turn satisfy sustainability.
“If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi

VCE
2017: Business Management [39]
2018: Biology [29], English [39], Further Maths [36], Legal Studies [35], Religion & Society [33]
ATAR = 84.10
2019 - UoM Bachelor of Arts

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2017, 04:17:26 pm »

I spoke about Human Resources, and mentioned that through Shandra's Dairy introducing/showing employees the protocols on how to do their job in an ecologically sustainable manner, a commitment towards sustainability can be communicated. (I feel that finance and marketing/sales would be harder to justify, and that technology support is also a good management responsibility to use for this question).
2018: | Legal Studies [50] (Premier's) | English [48] | Accounting [41] | Japanese SL [38] | Maths Methods [32] |

Elayg6

• Forum Regular
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2017, 04:22:51 pm »
I wrote human resources and said how management can effectively communicate their ideas to employees to ensure that they follow through with sustainable practices, but I'm not sure that it is the 'correct' management responsibility area

Elayg6

• Forum Regular
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2017, 04:23:25 pm »
I wrote human resources and said how management can effectively communicate their ideas to employees to ensure that they follow through with sustainable practices, but I'm not sure that it is the 'correct' management responsibility area

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2017, 04:26:41 pm »

I was talking to my teacher about this (who is a VCAA assessor), and she said that there was more than one management responsibility of which you could justify in order to get the marks. So, (depending on the extent you justified your answer), I wouldn't stress :)

GuZz

• Trendsetter
  • Socially and Ethically responsible.
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2017, 04:29:04 pm »
I was talking to my teacher about this (who is a VCAA assessor), and she said that there was more than one management responsibility of which you could justify in order to get the marks. So, (depending on the extent you justified your answer), I wouldn't stress :)
+1. In most cases a justify question usually means any of the study design listed points can be justified. The key to the question (I believe) was listing an area, and explicitly linking it to the case study and being able to 'think outside the box' a little and making a realistic proposal.
“If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi

VCE
2017: Business Management [39]
2018: Biology [29], English [39], Further Maths [36], Legal Studies [35], Religion & Society [33]
ATAR = 84.10
2019 - UoM Bachelor of Arts