Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 30, 2024, 01:53:07 am

Author Topic: HELP: Tutors? Who has one? Any recommendations?  (Read 1202 times)  Share 

jsimmo

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
HELP: Tutors? Who has one? Any recommendations?
« on: April 26, 2008, 09:38:23 pm »
Who has a tutor? Who had a tutor? What subject(s)? How were they? What SS did you get?

I'm looking for a tutor to help me with further maths; however, it would also be good if they were able to help me with English and business management. Do you have any recommendations for any good tutors that could help me with those subjects?

*I don't specifically want someone from this site (ex-students ect) but preferably someone out there in the real world who is known to be good and prepares students in achieving good SSs

Please state their location or PM their details, thanks heaps.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 09:40:10 pm by jsimmo »
2008: English , Business Management , IT: Applications , Further Maths , Studio Arts 
2009: Monash University

elaine

• Business Management Moderator
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
Re: HELP: Tutors? Who has one? Any recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 10:39:31 pm »
i got my methods tutor from the monash uni website. he got 50 (which always helps :))
You email them your email address and suburb, and they'll send you a list of tutors in your area.
They charge $25 an hour, which is pretty cheap.

hold on, lemme just dig up the link
[♥]

elaine

• Business Management Moderator
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:07:04 pm »
hmm they seem to have changed it a bit- now you have to advertise yourself as an employer

but you can try [email protected] and tell them your name, suburb and subjects you want to get tutored in.

I think English is a subject where people need professional tutors (like an examiner), because English is not so straight foward.

But for further maths, I think an ex-student is still pretty good. They've done the exam and can give specific exam hints, as they've actually done it. It's also pretty straight foward and you don't really need a 'professional'.

That's just my opinion from my experiences.
[♥]

Odette

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 11:50:26 pm »
Well I had a tutor for methods, just for a while after completing units 1 and 2, to help me understand the basics... which helped me quite a bit, and I ended up with a 42 in methods... although thinking back, I could have done better if I actually put in more effort.