Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 15, 2024, 05:23:27 pm

Author Topic: JMSS 2021 Entry  (Read 113376 times)  Share 

aaron6785

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS 2021 Entry
« Reply #795 on: September 14, 2020, 09:49:27 pm »
why is ur mum against it?

Jazzy_jules

• Adventurer
« Reply #796 on: September 14, 2020, 09:53:17 pm »
Mainly bc she doesn’t think I’m up for it. And tbh she has good reason, I’m a hella procrastinator and I hate getting up in the morning, but I really want to go, and she doesn’t get that

ihavenolife:(

• Trendsetter
« Reply #797 on: September 14, 2020, 09:54:55 pm »
pretty random question, but are most students at the school 'nerds'?
no

aaron6785

• Trendsetter
« Reply #798 on: September 14, 2020, 10:00:56 pm »
i dont think so, i mean i dont believe in 'nerds,' cos i think gen z is way past that train of thought i know i sound stoopid, but yeah im being honest. lol idk how i got in i also procrastinate a whole lot, like my grades aren't even that good this yr and neither ere they last yr, i just stopped trying tbh and i just want to put myself out there, do everything i want, start fresh

Jazzy_jules

• Adventurer
« Reply #799 on: September 14, 2020, 10:01:45 pm »
Well idk but anyways my mum just seriously doesn’t want me to go rn, just gave me a 10 min lecture about why I shouldn’t go ;-;

aaron6785

• Trendsetter
« Reply #800 on: September 14, 2020, 10:02:54 pm »
Well idk but anyways my mum just seriously doesn’t want me to go rn, just gave me a 10 min lecture about why I shouldn’t go ;-;
oof break free bro, if it's what u want it's what u want, make it happen, leave no regrets

i mean it's easier to bs than do so like take my words how u want

like there won't be nerds as in people who do nothing but study, surely to get past the interview u would have to be at least somewhat social and involved

MOD EDIT: merged triple post
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 10:08:42 pm by Sine »

minami.chan

• Adventurer
« Reply #801 on: September 14, 2020, 10:20:57 pm »
+1
Make a PowerPoint on why u want to go to jmss, study like crazy (to prove that you can do it!!!) or do anything to convince her. This is your future and if you’re up for the challenge I think you should go to jmss. Plus you passed the interview and test so that already shows you’re pretty capable.

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #802 on: September 14, 2020, 10:26:59 pm »
Make a PowerPoint on why u want to go to jmss, study like crazy (to prove that you can do it!!!) or do anything to convince her. This is your future and if you’re up for the challenge I think you should go to jmss. Plus you passed the interview and test so that already shows you’re pretty capable.

I also recommend getting information on the website and inform her on the opportunities JMSS can offer. Then just summarise all the information and tell her that not going to JMSS will be a devastating missed opportunity.
"It's not about being nice, it's about doing the right thing."

• Trendsetter
« Reply #803 on: September 14, 2020, 10:34:39 pm »
If you wanna go, you have to go. Theres gonna be opposition in whatever you do in life, so if you really want it you have to go out and get it. You may be a procrastinator now but going to JMSS is going to change you. And think of the butterfly effect, it may be used to describe events within chaos theory but we can easily apply to our everyday lives, where the smallest of choices can have massive impacts.
no

idontknowmate

• Trailblazer
« Reply #804 on: September 14, 2020, 11:38:38 pm »
why yall turn inspirational all of a sudden 🤣
jk its great that you guys are offering support
I 100% agree , if you want something , keep on persisting to get it.
If you can show your mum that you are dedicated , she can not say no

MAN0033

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #805 on: September 15, 2020, 08:25:21 am »
Tell her you will meet good people. Make a power point slide that is a good idea. One more thing start studying like doing some textbooks as this could help convince your parents. But, if your mum doesn’t want you to go then I don’t know try to convince her and tell her you won’t procrastinate. What’s everyone’s instas I’ll add you all??

emonerd

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #806 on: September 15, 2020, 08:54:53 am »
+1
pretty random question, but are most students at the school 'nerds'?
]
Hey guys ! I'm in year 12 at jmss currently :) Whilst it might seem like we're all nerds from the outside, we're actually a very diverse bunch of kids. Theres heaps of students with differing interests like sport, music, writing all against a backdrop of science! We have lots of lunchtime clubs that are catered for people with diverse interests :)

Don't worry ! I was a big procrastinator in year 9 hahaha but I think you've just gotta remember that you're still in year 9! year 10 at jmss isn't that difficult, you don't need to ace every subject, just enjoy the year and content you learn because it's last year you get before the big black hole that is vce sucks you up hahaahah goodluck everyone and congrats to everyone who got in :)
2019 -Biology
2020- Chem, Methods, Spec, English and Literature

• Trendsetter
« Reply #807 on: September 15, 2020, 09:03:33 am »
I was planning on doing lit for VCE, u reckon that's still a good idea since jmss is a science school.
no

minami.chan

• Adventurer
« Reply #808 on: September 15, 2020, 09:10:16 am »
]
Hey guys ! I'm in year 12 at jmss currently :) Whilst it might seem like we're all nerds from the outside, we're actually a very diverse bunch of kids. Theres heaps of students with differing interests like sport, music, writing all against a backdrop of science! We have lots of lunchtime clubs that are catered for people with diverse interests :)
Don't worry ! I was a big procrastinator in year 9 hahaha but I think you've just gotta remember that you're still in year 9! year 10 at jmss isn't that difficult, you don't need to ace every subject, just enjoy the year and content you learn because it's last year you get before the big black hole that is vce sucks you up hahaahah goodluck everyone and congrats to everyone who got in :)
Omg I saw you in the 2018 JMSS thread (yes I read up to 2017s JMSS threads) I’m honestly not super smart... do you think I’ll be fine in VCE? I’m kind of scared that I’ll be really behind. I seriously can’t believe I’m actually going to JMSS I’ve been reading these forums since like yr 7 or smth I don’t even remember!?? It’s crazy I always thought of you guys who got in as sOoo amazing (I still do)

Hellothisisme

• Forum Regular
« Reply #809 on: September 15, 2020, 09:14:48 am »
I was planning on doing lit for VCE, u reckon that's still a good idea since jmss is a science school.
It depends on how confident you are at English. Obviously JMSS still offers it so they have people doing the subject and getting reasonable scores but a lot of people also consider it to be the hardest English subject. In the end it matters on what you want and what you’re prepared to work hard at.
Btw I’m going to JMSS next year and also want to do lit in VCE.