Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 02:41:11 pm

Poll

Which would you rather: VCE Notes exams OR Viki?

VCE Notes Exams
53 (80.3%)
Viki
13 (19.7%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: VCE Notes official exams Vs VCE Notes Viki  (Read 16958 times)  Share 

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
Re: VCE Notes official exams Vs VCE Notes Viki
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 11:47:39 pm »
Firstly, there is no obtainable e-mail list for schools. That would require me to pour time into COMMERICALLY (at my expense) procuring one that isn't on the spam list.

Secondly, Nick failed to mention that I'll be bundling a Wordpress VCE Blogs system with the Mediawiki VCE wiki, essentially making VCENotes.com one MASSIVE VCE media scape. Something I'd like to get loaded BEFORE we go spreading the site to the masses. To me, VCENotes.com is going to be massive regardless of what marketing we do now. All I know is *that* I have to get the marketing done at some point in time, after which the site will just explode. Personally, and this is just from business sense, finished product > unfinished. Regardless of this poll, however, I am deeply sorry to say that the VN practice exams will not eventuate this year. I did not budget my time effectively as I had no idea how time consuming the process really was.

If Nick + Eriny are willing to finish their exam, I'll post it up on the main site along with Costa's Legal exam, but the intended marketing campaign will not go ahead.

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 11:51:15 pm »
Also, there is an economic reason to not wanting to explode VN's activity just now. We're currently using 1/3 of our bandwidth per month and we're almost at hard drive capacity. When I upgrade the server, I'll probably be taking us to a dedicated box... I don't want to have to do that before results of this year. As projected growth would indicate, we're going to peak the bandwidth in nov/dec during which time I will splash out for a doubling of VN bandwidth which should satiate the rush. Our disk space on my current cluster should reach capacity by January of next year. Over the summer holidays we'll make the transfer to a site that can support the thousands of students that will invariably find VN once we start next year's marketing campaign... I have THREE months in which to launch it, so don't worry it will go ahead.

So, yes, I screwed this one up, but it's no big deal.

costargh

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 11:51:45 pm »
Can we at least have a mention in the news section?

Internal sorta marketing. minimal effort

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 11:53:53 pm »
What do you mean by a 'mention'?

I'll put the exams up on the main site for sure. Unless you guys wanna save it for next year and perhaps take the time to really brush it up.

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 11:54:46 pm »
Also, moved topic to appropriate forum.

Daniel08

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 11:55:01 pm »
I think it is selfish for you (Enwaibe) to put all the exams off just because your to busy. Nick and Costa (and many other people I assume) have put in the effort to create the exams, so why not release those ones and then make your exam the following year.

Viki would do nothing to help assist with exam preparation!
07' Legal studies 37 (36.80)

08' Business 44 (42)
     Psycholoy 44 (43.80) ---A+ on midyear!!!
     Australian History 42 (42)
     English 37 (36)
     Economics 30 (32)

Enter Aim= 90+

costargh

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 11:55:37 pm »
You know how at the moment we have "read rules section" etc in the news section on the main page...

can we have some sorta internal marketing like that to lead people who would otherwise have no idea that there are exams on the site... and what doo u mean by the main site?

do u mean the home page? or do u mean the site in general?

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 11:58:34 pm »
Firstly, I am releasing the ones Nick is making and Costa has already produced. But, if you'd actually read my replies, you'd see that it's just not going to be in the medium I had originally intended.

And here's where you're being selfish.

No, Viki won't benefit you as you've already been through the system. But there are 60,000 inductees to the VCE system EACH year that could potentially benefit form Viki's knowledge.

So, yeah, 60,000 a year as opposed to the maximum yield of ~15,000 from the exams produced by Nick and Costa.

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 11:58:55 pm »
You know how at the moment we have "read rules section" etc in the news section on the main page...

can we have some sorta internal marketing like that to lead people who would otherwise have no idea that there are exams on the site... and what doo u mean by the main site?

do u mean the home page? or do u mean the site in general?

Homepage. But yeah I'll also put it up in the news section.

jsimmo

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 12:00:29 am »
What/where is the news section?
2008: English , Business Management , IT: Applications , Further Maths , Studio Arts 
2009: Monash University

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 12:01:01 am »
Well there are 15000 students alone undertaking psychology. Hence, we'd be looking at a maximum yield of 20,000+

lol
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) @ The University of Melbourne

Daniel08

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 12:02:43 am »
C
Firstly, I am releasing the ones Nick is making and Costa has already produced. But, if you'd actually read my replies, you'd see that it's just not going to be in the medium I had originally intended.

And here's where you're being selfish.

No, Viki won't benefit you as you've already been through the system. But there are 60,000 inductees to the VCE system EACH year that could potentially benefit form Viki's knowledge.

So, yeah, 60,000 a year as opposed to the maximum yield of ~15,000 from the exams produced by Nick and Costa.

Could you please tell me how "Choosing the right units + VCAA unit regulations" would help me with my psychology, business, english and history exam?

I think that the exams would be more benefitial.

Could you please clarify how Viki would assist me,

Thank you
07' Legal studies 37 (36.80)

08' Business 44 (42)
     Psycholoy 44 (43.80) ---A+ on midyear!!!
     Australian History 42 (42)
     English 37 (36)
     Economics 30 (32)

Enter Aim= 90+

costargh

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 12:04:47 am »
What/where is the news section?

On forum homepage at the top below the banner ad

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2008, 12:05:01 am »
You still forget that that's 60,000 inductees alone. You still forget that there's another 60,000 already in the system for one year that could still benefit from such knowledge.

You're asking me to sacrifice a potentially marketing campaign of more than 8 practice exams. If we're going to make an entrance to the practice exam stage, do we want to do it with two exams or with 8? And also, if we take the time to do this properly, we could enter with a chemistry exam (the course changed this year so material is scarce) and possibly more.

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2008, 12:07:07 am »
If we're going to make an entrance to the practice exam stage, do we want to do it with two exams or with 8?

That is completely irrelevant. It's not about the quantity, it's about the quality of the exams and their ability to assist students to achieve.
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) @ The University of Melbourne