Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 01:10:03 pm

Author Topic: Why is it allowed to upload commercial companies practise exams?  (Read 9246 times)  Share 

cara.mel

I have asked this before and been ignored (more than once) so I will again up the visibleness ante :P

I don't have much to add from my previous posts (and any subsequent replies I have made on these threads):

It's enwiabe, not Enwiable.

enwiabe complied with the cease and desist letter, from what I know.

Enwiabe complies with them but he thinks it is perfectly acceptable to allow stuff to be uploaded *until* he gets told otherwise.
I remember back when the site started, any posts with links to company exams were deleted. Now it is actually encouraged...

Enwiabe, if you ignore all my other questions, please tell me why your stance on it has changed from a year ago.

Talking about trial/practise exams, I will try to scan my Spesh exams and put them up here so fsn students can benefit from it ;)

I'd ask that you don't... Copyright infringement and such. :P

Enwiabe, why has your stance changed since then?
I KNEW it had, now I have proof :D

Also, respond to this:
http://vcenotes.com/forum/index.php/topic,5412.msg65334.html#msg65334

Why do you allow/encourage us to plagurise, whether it be VCE exams or otherwise?

This is a slightly more visible thread so please dignify it with a response.

Note: I am not going DKFHGKJSFH TAKE THEM DOWN NOW BECAUSE YOU ARE TEH SUCK, I just want to know why.

shinny

• VN MVP 2010
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +256
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2008
Re: Why is it allowed to upload commercial companies practise exams?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 09:35:55 am »
Perhaps because we live in a society where intellectual property theft has become socially acceptable? MP3 distribution and torrents and such have paved the way for it really... As for why enwiabe doesn't worry about the legal side of it for his own sake, does he even have any legal stake in this? Or is only the uploader liable? Perhaps thats why =P WE AWAITETH THE GREAT ENWIABE'S WORDS.
MBBS (hons) - Monash University

YR11 '07: Biology 49
YR12 '08: Chemistry 47; Spesh 41; Methods 49; Business Management 50; English 43

ENTER: 99.70

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 10:26:54 am »
Because NO ONE BLOODY CARES except for stuck ups that is

/thread
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

cara.mel

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 10:32:36 am »
If one was stuck up, and thus one cared for an answer, would they be entitled to one or not?

Or: If one was stuck up, would they still be entitled for their existence to be acknowledged?

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 10:39:07 am »
Because enwiabe can try to plead ignorance to other people's posts. Also, he may not read the forums enough to notice. I'm pretty sure the terms and conditions of the site try to disclaim his responsibility from other people's posts.

If he is C&D'd though, he will take them down.

cara.mel

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 10:49:25 am »
If he is C&D'd though, he will take them down.

Yeah I know that part (I said it in my september post :) ), I just want to understand what the thinking is to let it go before he is told off for it.

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 10:59:20 am »
Because he supports free file sharing.

Personally, I think its the consumer response to excessive prices (i.e., what we would be paying private companies for their music, software etc).

Of course, when faced with a legal threat (VCENotes is owned or operated by a private limited company), enwiabe would be personally liable and evidently would be in his best interests to remove infringing documents.

My personal opinion is, if you wanna share - do it. Just not in public view.
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 11:01:03 am »
The question should be rephrased to "Why is it ignored that people are sharing commercial exams?"
and the answer to that would be "What commercial exams!"
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 11:04:20 am »
Because he supports free file sharing.

Personally, I think its the consumer response to excessive prices (i.e., what we would be paying private companies for their music, software etc).

Of course, when faced with a legal threat (VCENotes is owned or operated by a private limited company), enwiabe would be personally liable and evidently would be in his best interests to remove infringing documents.

My personal opinion is, if you wanna share - do it. Just not in public view.

:smitten:

The rational criminal theory

cara.mel

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 11:13:30 am »
The question should be rephrased to "Why is it ignored that people are sharing commercial exams?"
and the answer to that would be "What commercial exams!"

why would that be the answer, when they are stickied in plain view in some instances

i agree with coblin and excal's posts. I want to hear why he chooses to do it though

ninwa

• Respect: +1021
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 01:00:49 pm »
As for why enwiabe doesn't worry about the legal side of it for his own sake, does he even have any legal stake in this? Or is only the uploader liable?
The user takes full libaility - in the legal disclaimer when you sign up, it is mentioned several times that VN takes no responsibility and is not liable for anything its members post.
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 01:09:19 pm »
VN takes no responsibility for the content that its users post on the forum. I can't read every single post, so I'm not going to task myself with this responsibility. If companies don't want their stuff on the site, they're more than welcome to e-mail me the links of the copyrighted material and I'll take it down.

Now, I used to take a more preventative stance when the site was small and it was easier to pick the posts off. It isn't small now, so I can't make it my business to strictly moderate every single post.

It's all in the disclaimer, I take no responsibility but I'm more than willing to co-operate with any party that holds a copyright who feels that said copyright is being infringed upon.

Also, you could have EASILY asked me this in private. You made, absolutely NO attempt to contact me privately. I didn't see ANY of your posts on this. This was nothing more than a pathetic attention seeking exercise. Well, congratulations, here's your attention :)

cara.mel

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 01:14:23 pm »
Thank you for your response :)

One question though:
Why did you choose to remove past exams before, but if you see them these days you do not?
I understand you can not read every single post, but you can't honestly tell me you have not come across any practise exams yet that have been posted in the last month. Especially when they are stickied threads.

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 01:16:51 pm »
I gave you my answer in my post, the fact that you keep questioning me about it suggests nothing more than a petty personal vendetta.

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 01:21:52 pm »
Heh, you take everything personally, enwiabe.