Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 04, 2024, 05:51:50 am

Author Topic: Motivation  (Read 2391 times)

nhawkins18

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +4
Motivation
« on: September 14, 2017, 07:11:03 am »
+4
Recently I have been having trouble staying motivated to do work. I think the fact that it is the end of the term for me (I finish on Friday) and that I have just had so many assessments on has contributed to my tiredness, however at the same time I sometimes feel like there's no desire to get things done. Occasionally it doesnt even worry me that I have something due the next day and I haven't done it, but I'm not sure why. I need to keep my motivation super high for these holidays because I have a practice exam for global in the last week and I need to do a lot of work for that, so hopefully I can pull my head out.

zofromuxo

• Forum Leader
  • Everything you want is on the other side of Fear
  • Respect: +203
Re: Motivation
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 08:59:29 am »
+4
Recently I have been having trouble staying motivated to do work. I think the fact that it is the end of the term for me (I finish on Friday) and that I have just had so many assessments on has contributed to my tiredness, however at the same time I sometimes feel like there's no desire to get things done. Occasionally it doesnt even worry me that I have something due the next day and I haven't done it, but I'm not sure why. I need to keep my motivation super high for these holidays because I have a practice exam for global in the last week and I need to do a lot of work for that, so hopefully I can pull my head out.

Motivation isn’t everlasting period. If you think this true, the fact that your posted this topic is a statement that it isn’t. 
If you like you’re the only one feeling you have “no desire to get things done” and that you don’t feel bothered not doing work that is due the next day. You aren’t.  Everyone goes through it.
I’m guessing that your body is unable to keep up with the incessant demands that your school is pushing on you currently. Which is alright, don’t stress yourself out about this.

Since you listed a question icon, I’m guessing you want some advice. If not, then ignore and skip to the bottom.

The way to kickstart your “desire to work” is to set a clear purpose on what you’re doing. It seems to me you’re just drifting and going through the motions up until this point, where you question why you have worked as hard as you have.

So, if you haven’t got a purpose/goal you want for working so hard, then write it down on a piece of paper listing why it is.  This sets the frame for whenever you struggle in your study and feel you should slack off To not because you have a set outcome you want to achieve .  If you have a goal/purpose, evaluate if they still matter to you, if they do then what do I need to change to achieve it. If they don’t, refer earlier.
Motivation isn’t everlasting as I stated above. What you need to set is Discipline, which can be achieved by a clear purpose and clear structure. So also setting an accurate timeline/timetable from where you are now to achieving what you want helps as well.

Here are some AN’s Guides on Motivation as well Motivation Corner , Burning Out? Time to rekindle the fire! , Time Management and Motivation and Insanipi’s Short Little Guide to Motivation

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hence why i'm in all these different threads and boards.