Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 29, 2024, 11:32:20 am

Author Topic: Past Papers  (Read 2238 times)  Share 

Nialllovespie

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Past Papers
« on: October 10, 2016, 07:46:30 pm »
Does anyone have any maths yr 12 past papers (or year 11) mainly containing Applications of Calculus  (derivatives, product/chain/quotient rule ect), locus or integration?

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: Past Papers
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 07:48:42 pm »
Does anyone have any maths yr 12 past papers (or year 11) mainly containing Applications of Calculus  (derivatives, product/chain/quotient rule ect), locus or integration?
It is very hard to dig up papers with specific topics in mind.

There is honestly no harm in opening up several past trial papers (or half yearly papers where possible) and just extracting the relevant questions out of there. Heaps of papers may be found here and you should consider doing as many as possible.

kevin217

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 07:58:41 pm »

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 08:02:51 pm »
http://www.pasthsc.com.au//HSC_Mathematics_files/2UnitPastHSCBreakdown.pdf
This sorts questions by topic.
I was under the impression that OP was a Year 11 student entering Year 12.

I strongly suggest storing past HSC exams away for later; for the actual final exam. Those questions will reflect the nature of the HSC exams much better than anything else. I always advise using trial papers before then as a substitute so that past papers are still completed, but the more valuable ones are untouched.

Although yes, if you plan to do topic-by-topic, that does have it laid out very well.

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 12:09:11 am »
I was under the impression that OP was a Year 11 student entering Year 12.

I strongly suggest storing past HSC exams away for later; for the actual final exam. Those questions will reflect the nature of the HSC exams much better than anything else. I always advise using trial papers before then as a substitute so that past papers are still completed, but the more valuable ones are untouched.

Although yes, if you plan to do topic-by-topic, that does have it laid out very well.

Do you have a link to  a page which can teach geometrical proving quick and easy? I was not built to prove
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 12:12:29 am »
Do you have a link to  a page which can teach geometrical proving quick and easy? I was not built to prove
No. Because everyone learns it differently. There has never been and never will be a clear, defined set of principles for everyone to follow, because everyone is different.

I've already mentioned how I learnt it elsewhere. If you're still confused then unfortunately without another example clearly showing:
a) your train of thought
b) what you considered
c) how you annotated your diagram
d) how you underlined/highlighted what you were trying to prove
e) how you rewrote things that were given or came from previous parts
f) how you tried to link what you rewrote to what you're trying to prove

I can't provide any more assistance. I can only do more questions.

Like I said, I look at what I try to prove, memorise what the theorems 'look like' (e.g. alternate angles are Z angles), go through a list of possibilities and carry out from there. If I don't know the theorems well enough (e.g. diagonals of a parallelogram bisect) then I will never get anywhere. But after I know the theorems, that's all I rely on.