Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 04:40:29 pm

Author Topic: SAC marking?  (Read 1409 times)  Share 

Cookiez

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2013
SAC marking?
« on: February 13, 2012, 09:28:18 pm »
Hey guys,
I was wondering about something since I found out that I have a really harsh teacher who marks extremely harshly.
For the SACs, if the teacher only gives out one A+, 2 A's and the rest B-B+'s, whereas the other class gets like 6 A+'s and 5 A's etc,
Would my class be scaled up in comparison to the class who has an easier teacher who marks better?
Or is it just bad luck for me where my A+ score is exactly the same as the 6-7 A+'s in the other class?

Hopefully I didn't make this too confusing :|

Thankyou so much!
King of Tetris

oppalovesme

Re: SAC marking?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 07:16:21 pm »
Your school should compare and cross-examine SACs, so I wouldn't worry. If your teacher takes marks off you for doing a certain something, they will do the same to the other papers they mark (which should be all of them as teachers of the same subject are meant to cross-examine the papers all together). :)

Cookiez

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 08:14:15 pm »
Problem is, I know that they don't :|
King of Tetris

oppalovesme

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 08:26:16 pm »
Well in that case it definitely SHOULD be scaled accordingly, however I imagine this varies greatly from school to school, subject to subject.
You might be better off asking the teacher of the other class how it works, as they are more likely to be sympathetic towards your situation.

Asx4Life

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 05:53:41 pm »
If your school doesn't cross-mark sacs and you're with a teacher that is tight in giving A's and A+'s, all I can say from experience is either you change to another class or your fucked.

meganrobyn

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 12:13:13 am »
+1
If your school doesn't cross-mark sacs and you're with a teacher that is tight in giving A's and A+'s, all I can say from experience is either you change to another class or your fucked.

Without cross-marking, VCAA marking guidelines agree.

All classes (for that subject) in your school are treated as one big class when VCAA ranks you on your SAC marks. They assume all teachers in your school mark the same. Your SACs are ranked on their raw scores, and then the whole school group of you is scaled according to your exam marks.

Ask about your school's cross-marking policies.
[Update: full for 2018.] I give Legal lectures through CPAP, and am an author for the CPAP 'Legal Fundamentals' textbook and the Legal 3/4 Study Guide.
Available for private tutoring in English and Legal Studies.
Experience in Legal 3/4 assessing; author of Legal textbook; degrees in Law and English; VCE teaching experience in Legal Studies and English. Legal Studies [50] English [50] way back when.
Good luck!