Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 06:13:13 pm

Author Topic: ATT: 2013ers. "What should I do with my holidays?"  (Read 11450 times)  Share 

MonsieurHulot

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +15
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: ATT: 2013ers. "What should I do with my holidays?"
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2012, 01:10:03 pm »
+2
What did you guys do for UMAT prep. in the holidays?
I've never done the UMAT but I highly doubt the benefits of studying for the UMAT bar the familiarity with the question, which you could surely get with the Acer booklets(??)
One thing you can do though is read the Age everyday and learn words you don't know etc so you generally understand the questions, and read books on logic and reasoning. Eriny mentioned one book that she used for LSAT prep, I'll find the thread in the next few days as I'm ridiculously tired right now. Probably more beneficial than the random questions etc.
I also read a booked called 'The Logic Games Bible' which was really useful and I improved a lot on that section pretty much immediately. I got much better at the other two sections just through practice, though LSAC's book, "SuperPrep" helped me a lot.

If you are interested in the LSAT materials I have, I have some *cough*torrented*cough* electronic copies. I have a bunch of past exams, the logic games bible and the logical reasoning bible (I didn't finish reading the latter one because it was really useless to me).

Dark Knight Rises

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: -11
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2012, 12:04:09 am »
For further kids (that do methods/spesh) : Finish the whole further course over the holiday (Lols srs it shouldn't take more than 2/3 weeks) And since you do methods, I advise you to do the modules: Trigonometry and Geometry, Graphs and Relations and Matrices. Those are basically already covered in year 11 methods. Then, throughout the year you can just do 1 trial every 1 or 2 weeks and spend the rest of the time on more 'important' subjects. If your doing all three maths you should know that only 2 maths can count in your top 4 and it's very hard to get a higher (scaled) study score in further than methods/spesh unless you crack 45+ which pretty much comes down to luck on the day of the exam. That's why I encourage the above method. Again this is only for people doing all three maths in the same year.

Hi, could that still apply if I'm doing methods and further in my first year of VCE?
If not, what do you suppose I should do?

Thanks.
2013- Further | Methods
2014- English | Physics | Spesh | Chemistry

Art Vandelay

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +12
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 12:26:47 am »

Hi, could that still apply if I'm doing methods and further in my first year of VCE?
If not, what do you suppose I should do?

Thanks.

You could still do the further course over the holidays, if you've done 1/2 methods it should be a breeze. Obviously you should still do some methods work over the holidays, studying up on the first few areas of study referring to the VCAA study design.
Monash Arts/Law

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 12:35:53 am »
+1
Stick regretted doing the whole course over te holidays.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️