Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 16, 2024, 05:37:48 pm

Author Topic: This counts as studying -take it from me  (Read 2607 times)  Share 

bubble sunglasses

This counts as studying -take it from me
« on: November 05, 2007, 09:31:11 pm »
Listen to the song "Le Corrida" by Francis Cabrel

You can access it by typing "corrida cabrel" into youtube -it'll be the first item, BUT! AVOID SEEING THE PICTURE OR WATCHING THE VIDEO -this is vital [unless you're not a French student and just watching for fun]

Yeah, and just try to work out *who* is singing and what the song is about.  But don't look up the word "corrida" [I'm assuming you don't know what it means] or, as I say, look at the picture or watch the video.

:)

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 09:58:55 pm »
ha i know this song..
euh.. i mean i don't listen to francis cabrel or anything...or have him on itunes
*hides*

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 10:15:30 pm »
Why, did you look at it in class? Do you think it's a good exercise for those who don't know the song?

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 10:22:53 pm »
Quote from: "bubble sunglasses"
Why, did you look at it in class? Do you think it's a good exercise for those who don't know the song?

No we didn't look at it in class, I actually do have him on itunes  :oops:

Um it might be a bit hard I dunno. I actually never knew it was about *** (trying not to spoil it). Like I knew the words and could sing it, but I never knew that it was about that haha. until I just listened to it then like you said and accidently saw the visual...

but I think listening to songs in general is a good exercise, I did know this site once that had all these activities where you listen to french songs and do all these 'fill in the blank' activities but I've forgotten it.. I think the link was on bos somewhere

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 11:11:46 pm »
ill give it a go haha. iv never heard of it before

meeeerde i fucked it up, the thing froze and stopped working, so i opened the window up to see if it had finished or what, and the picture was frozen on something that totalyl gave it away :(

anyway i cant remmebr where i got up to, but not very far into it. but i understood what was hapepening, i was thinking it was some kind of strange concert or something haha with the corridor and barriers and people singing and gates closing behind him and shit. except i couldnt work out what the il fallait seulement se defendre had to do with a concert hah, and various other things

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 11:15:50 pm »
lol, why the embarrasment goosefraba?

Just tonight I discovered Keny Arkana, une <rapeuse> She rocks!

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 11:23:06 pm »
do you have any other ones hahaha? je veux te voir de yelle est assez facile a comprendre, avec des paroles rigolos haha

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 11:30:28 pm »
<yelle> are you getting tired? :)

Laquelle est <facile ? comprendre>?

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 03:08:39 pm »
Quote from: "melanie.dee"
do you have any other ones hahaha? je veux te voir de yelle est assez facile a comprendre, avec des paroles rigolos haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4RnCghnzVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjlMa14-WfQ

Connaissez-vous Renaud?

bec

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 07:03:18 pm »
j'aime bien kyo (a notre futur est trop bien)
et pour quelque chose facile a comprendre...la musique du 'roi soleil'!! c'est un spectacle musical et les chansons sont tres corny mais j'adore 'mon essentiel' d'Emmanuel Moire.
au limewire!