Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 01:08:53 am

Author Topic: University Enhancement Increment  (Read 12215 times)  Share 

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
Re: University Enhancement Increment
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 02:03:42 am »
+1
I would suggest pausing the speculations and quoting of 'plausible official sources' until later today. I trust chem-nerd will give the definite answer from VTAC (I assume there is a VTAC conference or VTAC publication or something). Any 'official sources' out there at the moment is probably outdated.

(Basically, chem-nerd has the answers. Trust that info.)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 02:06:38 am by Mao »
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

chem-nerd

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
Re: University Enhancement Increment
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 07:42:40 pm »
+3
It is changing its name to "Higher Education" studies, but the increment it will provide is listed below.
(Source: VICTER 2014 page 6 and 7, and confirmed by VTAC)

Upon satisfactory completion, the increment will be determined as follows:
•   Where a student completes a Higher Education VCE study and the average mark over all the HE units awarded is at least 90, the Higher Education increment will be 5.0.
•   Where a student completes a Higher Education VCE study and the average mark over all the HE units awarded is at least 80 but less than 90, the Higher Education increment will be 4.5.
•   Where a student completes a Higher Education VCE study and the average mark over all the HE units awarded is at least 70 but less than 80, the Higher Education increment will be 4.0.
•      Where a student completes a Higher Education VCE study and the average mark over all the HE units awarded is at least 60 but less than 70, the Higher Education increment will be 3.5.
•   Where a student completes a Higher Education VCE study and the average mark over all the HE units awarded is at least 50 but less than 60, the Higher Education increment will be 3.0.

EDIT:  This increment system will be applied from 2012 onwards

I can 100% confirm that this information is correct, straight from the VTAC mouth.  Also, that it can count as either your 5th or 6th subject.