Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 11:47:45 pm

Author Topic: Messed up two SACs - Bye to a SS 45+ ???  (Read 7990 times)  Share 

Jdog

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +19
Re: Messed up two SACs - Bye to a SS 45+ ???
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 05:59:15 pm »
i completely understand that he has his own standards, and that they may be different to others. That is the case for a lot of people, and I don't think we can judge him because of his standards

but the way he is going about telling people is not right.

whitesebastian

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 05:50:23 pm »
Hmm, I got 100% on all SACs, A+ on both exams and still got just a 43. There were only about 16 or so people who got 44 and above though ... they must be German! Well 43 and up scales to 50, so even if you don't get 45 you should be fine!
2010: Mathematical Methods (CAS) [37], German [50]
2011: Literature, Visual Communication and Design, Studio Arts, Psychology, Geography
2012: Hopefully Communication Design at RMIT!

whitesebastian

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 05:53:34 pm »
Wart ein moment, warum sprechen ihr alle Englisch? Dass hat doch kein Sinn!
2011: Literature, Visual Communication and Design, Studio Arts, Psychology, Geography

thushan

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +626
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 07:51:25 pm »
Stimmt! Ich muss mein Deutsch ueben, weil mein Deutsch nicht so gut ist.

Du hast eine perfekte Note bei der Klassenarneit und ein A+ bei der Pruefung und nur eine 43? Oh nein :( ich habe nur 90/100 bekommen. Doch, eine 40 waere sehr ueberraschend fuer mich!
Managing Director  and Senior Content Developer - Decode Publishing (2020+)
http://www.decodeguides.com.au

Basic Physician Trainee - Monash Health (2019-)
Medical Intern - Alfred Hospital (2018)
MBBS (Hons.) - Monash Uni
BMedSci (Hons.) - Monash Uni

Former ATARNotes Lecturer for Chemistry, Biology

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: -18
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 07:58:37 pm »
Hmm, I got 100% on all SACs, A+ on both exams and still got just a 43. There were only about 16 or so people who got 44 and above though ... they must be German! Well 43 and up scales to 50, so even if you don't get 45 you should be fine!

Let's say I get 100% on my written exam????? Pretty confident that I get an A+ for the Oral. How many marks have you lost in the Written exam?
Law is a kind of justice. It is not perfect justice, it is only a kind of justice.

- John Young, Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Victoria.

thushan

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +626
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 08:06:07 pm »
Oral and Written grades are combined.
Managing Director  and Senior Content Developer - Decode Publishing (2020+)
http://www.decodeguides.com.au

Basic Physician Trainee - Monash Health (2019-)
Medical Intern - Alfred Hospital (2018)
MBBS (Hons.) - Monash Uni
BMedSci (Hons.) - Monash Uni

Former ATARNotes Lecturer for Chemistry, Biology

whitesebastian

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 12:44:10 am »
Hmm... To be honest I think I did pretty well in the written exam, I think it might have been the oral that got me. I'm Swiss so I speak it with a slight accent and might have said a couple of words a bit Swiss-like - haha I dunno! Hmm well I mean if you get a forty, which is very achievable - a friend of mine got 39 I think - then you've got a 48 or a 49 there, and that's brilliant. I think my tip would be to really really learn how to write a letter or even a diary like last year. Letters pop up a lot and are fantastic as they give you a great opportunity to inject some personality into the exam - you could ask questions, recall some memories, make a couple of jokes even - they're good fun to write and show the examiner your engagement with the language, and separates you from the dull old formal speeches and persuasive pieces that most people do - not to say that that can't be done well! Am I making sense? Hope you enjoyed German this year and best of luck for the exam. I know I'm not a model for a raw study score, but if you need any help then ask away!

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: -18
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 05:40:42 pm »
Hmm... To be honest I think I did pretty well in the written exam, I think it might have been the oral that got me. I'm Swiss so I speak it with a slight accent and might have said a couple of words a bit Swiss-like - haha I dunno! Hmm well I mean if you get a forty, which is very achievable - a friend of mine got 39 I think - then you've got a 48 or a 49 there, and that's brilliant. I think my tip would be to really really learn how to write a letter or even a diary like last year. Letters pop up a lot and are fantastic as they give you a great opportunity to inject some personality into the exam - you could ask questions, recall some memories, make a couple of jokes even - they're good fun to write and show the examiner your engagement with the language, and separates you from the dull old formal speeches and persuasive pieces that most people do - not to say that that can't be done well! Am I making sense? Hope you enjoyed German this year and best of luck for the exam. I know I'm not a model for a raw study score, but if you need any help then ask away!

I did the 2009 VCAA Exam. 100%  :P Got it marked by my teacher. congratz for the 50 though :)
Law is a kind of justice. It is not perfect justice, it is only a kind of justice.

- John Young, Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Victoria.