Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 10:14:14 pm

Author Topic: Documentarys on the French Revolution.  (Read 1071 times)  Share 

aiming_95

Documentarys on the French Revolution.
« on: October 11, 2011, 08:57:50 pm »
+1
Personally I found these documentaries extremely enjoyable and I would imagine they would refresh the memories of students who are doing the French Revolution.

Khan Academy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDWqwcTtZa0&feature=player_embedded

Documentary Wesbite: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/french-revolution/

Hope this helps some of you guys :D

aiming_95

Re: Documentarys on the French Revolution.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 08:59:06 pm »
Edit: My thread title was spelt wrong. Documentarys is meant to be Documentaries.

Deadshot

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 09:03:44 pm »
Thanks!

The guy that founded "Khan Academy" deserves a huge standing ovation!

He is truly inspirational, and I thank him greatly for all of the help that his videos have brought me this year.

2011 English [33] - Information Application [45+] - History Revolutions [38] -  Business Management [45+] - Further Mathematics [37+]

ATAR 87+

Bachelor of Business Information Systems @ Monash

:)

asktep

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 02:22:26 pm »
Unfortunately there are quite a few errors in those videos (expectedly for Khan, although disappointingly for the History Channel documentary, seeing as there are plenty of leading scholars featured), as well as the obvious ominously-weighted stance of the two documentaries. For that reason, I've discouraged both fellow teachers and students to avoid resorting to these - perhaps they could best be watched in a critical manner having completed the actual bodily study content.