Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 17, 2024, 06:47:32 am

Author Topic: 2005 VCAA past exam help?  (Read 1268 times)  Share 

bloodninja93

2005 VCAA past exam help?
« on: August 13, 2011, 12:43:08 pm »
Hi guys, I've just finished doing the 2005 past exam, and the assessment report is useless. I need to correct my mistakes for a couple of questions about the French Revolution:

Section B Revolution 2 French
Question 4

There's an image of the Tennis Court Oath (see attached)

a. Name 2 social groups depicted in the representation.

b. What details in the representation show change from the traditional order?

c. What revolutionary ideas are symbolized by the three figures embracing in the foreground and the figure seated at the table who is not joining in with the actions of the crowd?

It's just these 3 questions I wasn't sure about. If someone could help me out; it would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:26:24 pm by bloodninja93 »

werdna

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +287
Re: 2005 VCAA past exam help?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 12:58:55 pm »

Section B Revolution 2 French
Question 4

There's an image of the Tennis Court Oath (sorry couldn't attach the picture)

a. Name 2 social groups depicted in the representation.

b. What details in the representation show change from the traditional order?

c. What revolutionary ideas are symbolized by the three figures embracing in the foreground and the figure seated at the table who is not joining in with the actions of the crowd?

What have you got down so far Gordon? :P Tell us and then we'll be able to see whether you're on the right track.

bloodninja93

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 01:04:45 pm »
I'm on my iPod right now, you've got no idea how long it took for me to write all of this out. If you want me to write my own answers down, I think I'll go hang myself.

Can anyone else help me out?

Menang

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 02:16:18 am »
(a) Bourgeoisie. Also, the photo's a tad grainy, but from memory there should be clergy in that painting.
(b) (i) Bourgeoisie from Third Estate having a much larger say (indeed, Bailly is leading the oath). (ii) Unity of the 1st and 3rd estates.
(c) Heh I got unity of the three estates again. The second point could be that the current revolutionary mood is one of tolerance and acceptance and thus the lone dissenter is not persecuted. (In contrast to the later terror).

These are just points off the top of my head, I'm not necessarily right. It might help you confirm your own answers, though.

weasleyisourking

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 06:06:13 pm »
(a) Bourgeoisie. Also, the photo's a tad grainy, but from memory there should be clergy in that painting.
(b) (i) Bourgeoisie from Third Estate having a much larger say (indeed, Bailly is leading the oath). (ii) Unity of the 1st and 3rd estates.
(c) Heh I got unity of the three estates again. The second point could be that the current revolutionary mood is one of tolerance and acceptance and thus the lone dissenter is not persecuted. (In contrast to the later terror).

These are just points off the top of my head, I'm not necessarily right. It might help you confirm your own answers, though.

I recall the three figures representing the Liberal clergy agreeing to take the Tennis Court Oath - I read it in Dr Michael Adcock's Revs checkpoints.
I wanna be the very best, like no-one ever was. DUN DUN DUN.

2011: Methods [29], Physics [34], English [46], History: Revolutions: [46], Literature [47]
+ Cert III Apprenticeship credits
ATAR 2011: 98.00
2012 +: International Relations/LLB @ ANU

“Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”