Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 01:27:27 am

Author Topic: Heavy folio works?  (Read 4249 times)  Share 

Ephie

• New South Welsh
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Heavy folio works?
« on: October 30, 2011, 12:08:54 am »
Hi everyone. I'm doing VCE Art next year and don't know too much about how the subject will work... but I have been getting very excited thinking about a lot of potential folio ideas and themes and things. One of the ideas I was toying with involves painting onto an old upright piano that I've seen advertised free on the trading post.  ;D The problem being, of course, that a piano weighs at least 150 kilograms! What's the policy on the size or weight of works? I could easily find friends who would move it or hire piano movers, but will it be too annoying for school and the assessors and everyone? Is this just too impractical an idea? 

jane1234

Re: Heavy folio works?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 07:37:00 pm »
Hey :) If you went to Top Arts this year you would have seen the giant installation piece that a student created - which is much bigger than an upright piano. Of course you could only work on it at school or at home - not both - as you're right in that moving would be a pretty big issue. AFAIK, there is no policy regarding size of works, it just depends on how you are going to transport it from home to school, as I'd imagine most of the work would be done at home. Anyway, remember that you have to have at least TWO finished artworks so I'd definitely leave this idea for unit 4, as it seems like quite a large endeavour. Personally I think you should go for whatever idea you want, provided you have the space for it (either at home or at school) and the time. Good luck!