Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 06:36:56 am

Author Topic: Am going into yr12 french. When will ASSESSMENTS begin? Is there still hope?  (Read 1173 times)  Share 

timkins

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
I mean, I am an idiot. I blew away 2 years of time when I could have easily studied properly in French and excelled in the process.

But I didn't. 15 days before year 12 begins, I am mediocre at best.

For the next half month I will be doing intense French and Japanese in order to, well, save myself from the perils of failure.

What I want to know, is, when do we start getting assessed? Because listening to ecoutez bien, I am really failing, to pick up on ANYTHING they are saying in French. It's terrifying. But when I see the French transcript to what I am hearing, I can UNDERSTAND IT PERFECTLY!!!

s...

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +4
timkins, calmez-vous, d'accord?
In the period of one year, you will have improved so much you wouldn't be able to believe it, okay?

I suppose the first SAC? Unless you school is planning to test you first week back like mine is, you should have about 3-4 weeks, minimum, I suppose. Best advice I could give now is to GO AND ASK/E-MAIL YOUR TEACHER!! He/she probably understands your situation, and will be very willing to help you, okay?

oh, and also get an A4 diary, and pretty plan out your whole day: e.g. study french for 1 hour, then japanese, then back to french etc. This way, not only will you have a break from french and your mind gets time to reflect on it, but you can also improve on your other subjects as well.

bonne chance, timkins!
"I failed my way to success." - Thomas Edison.

ggxoxo

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +5
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Vous pouvez se calmer. Sois courageux! Je sais que si vous travaillez dûr, vous réussirez. :)