Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 11:00:32 pm

Author Topic: a book to recommend  (Read 1167 times)  Share 

monokekie

a book to recommend
« on: June 06, 2009, 12:47:55 am »
i did chinese last year

and the translation component really freaked me out >_<

however, i used a book called something like i can translate and read in chinese... can't remember exactly what it is, but its by ruilan. It kinda helped..

also, do as many mock papers as you wish before the exam, (mayb i don't needa mention), anyway, i know there are two sets of mock papers, one's by weiha, and the other one i can't remember  but they have different covers. i reckon each school uses only one of them and they cost generally $20, but you could get other resources from other schools lol . However, schools do tell students to keep the resources to themselves and some school even collects the resources back after exams so they don't get to spread around. Well, you know what to do  ;)

edit: ohhh forgot to mention, leading edge has second language its exams are alright

« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 01:15:43 am by monokekie »

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Here to listen and help
  • Respect: +324
Re: a book to recommend
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 09:22:00 am »
To improve my translation skill, I mainly used a book called "Revised VCE Chinese (SL/SLA) Resources" or "中文 VCE 参考资料" (hopefully you can read that).

I also used a book called "Detailed Study Materials For Senior Secondary Learners of Chinese" by Steven Liu.

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics) - Discrete Mathematics & Operations Research