Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 08:37:10 am

Author Topic: Roll Call 2008 Australian History  (Read 5719 times)  Share 

lishan515

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Roll Call 2008 Australian History
« on: January 02, 2008, 12:08:51 pm »
Hi all,

I am doing aus history this year

For unit 4 we are doing WWII and Vietnam

I am also doing Revs so it will be interesting to see how the two histories shape up, which I prefer etc.

Does anyone have any hints, tips, gripes that they wish to share?

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
Re: Roll Call 2008 Australian History
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 09:05:39 pm »
I only did Revolutions, but I know a fair bit about World War One if you need any assistance. I would assume the units would focus on the ways in which these conflicts redefined the entire social spectrum of Australian society and directly instigated the increasing role of women in the new society.  I am sure you will find revolutions to be more engaging but i'm sure Australian history would be well worth doing.  I would have done it alongside revolutions last year if my school had offered it.
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) @ The University of Melbourne

flickity

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 03:26:14 pm »
i did aus his and revs last year-sam unit 4s as you. i got 41 for aus his but only 38 for revs. aus is much easier as it is easier to predict the exam questions. the questions for vietnam have npt changed for years so it is easy to practice what to right. i only lost 10 marks for the whole exam. i sugest for nation race and citizen to learn what problems needed to be solved before federation not just after federation as that as all we were taught i had to draw on my legal knowledge. i said the  states were afraid they would be dominated by the federal parliament so they created the constitution to limit the commonwealths power which could only be changed through a successful referendum-approval of the nation. i lso said the smaller states would be dominated by the larger states such as NSW and VIC so they created the senate to protect the iterests of all the states. i got full mars for the question so thankgod for legal!

kpi_125

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 11:22:37 pm »
I did Australian last year and it's a bit harder to get into but I loved it in the end
and did really well

feel free to ask for help!

Depression and Vietnam for the last ones
and ended up getting full marks for Vietnam

daniel99

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 03:14:56 pm »
Im doing Aus history this year...What marks do you think you would need to get a SS of 39? I thought high A's to A+'s?

Also, by chosing to do the depression or WW2 etc, does that mean that you dont even look at the other topic? Or do you just skim over it? My teacher explained this, but not very well.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:18:01 pm by daniel99 »

daniel99

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 02:47:57 pm »
Can people who have done Australian History tell me their SS and the marks that you got??? Also, how much homework did you do every week for the subject??

I want 39 for Australian History and only do about 2 hours of homework a week and we dont get much set work for it..I struggle to find 2 hours of revision or work to do in a week!!! lol

kpi_125

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 09:35:16 pm »
Hey I wouldn't stress, haha.

I did no homework... at all.

I got 72/100 for unit 3.
84.5/100 for unit 4.
lost 6 marks on my exam, so everything got bumped up A A+ A+.
And it was either a 38 or 39.

bumbut

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 12:53:07 pm »
ey
i average A in all my sacs
wat will i need to aim for to get above 45?

kendraaaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 12:54:45 pm »
ey
i average A in all my sacs
wat will i need to aim for to get above 45?

A perfect exam score.