Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 06:20:31 pm

Author Topic: Bad choice?  (Read 2364 times)  Share 

Only Cheating Yourself

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: -32
Bad choice?
« on: January 03, 2014, 09:44:32 pm »
Im doing media units 1 and 2 but I'm thinking i made a bad choice.  Thats a lot of content for 1 sac for a subject that scales down by 4!
'My belief is stronger than your doubt'

Lasercookie

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +326
Re: Bad choice?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 10:54:10 pm »
I did units 1/2 media in Year 11 and it was a lot of fun. If you're scared off by a high workload, you're probably not going to find much escape from that in VCE. Realistically it's all quite manageable.

Scaling doesn't really have a huge correlation with difficulty/effort you have to put into a subject, so it's irrelevant that you bring it up. Not to mention that scaling doesn't apply for Units 1/2 as well.

(also split your post into it's own thread, it doesn't really contribute much to the thread you posted in)

Only Cheating Yourself

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 11:09:22 pm »
I did units 1/2 media in Year 11 and it was a lot of fun. If you're scared off by a high workload, you're probably not going to find much escape from that in VCE. Realistically it's all quite manageable.

Scaling doesn't really have a huge correlation with difficulty/effort you have to put into a subject, so it's irrelevant that you bring it up. Not to mention that scaling doesn't apply for Units 1/2 as well.

(also split your post into it's own thread, it doesn't really contribute much to the thread you posted in)

I've banned for spamming, if i keep making threads wouldn't that be spamming?  I'm just worried that in year 12, i'm going to devote all my time to this subject, in units 1-2 how many hours did you spend on this subject a week and can you kind of neglect and still pass because thats all i want for next year…

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory
  • Respect: +101
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 11:30:46 pm »
I've banned for spamming, if i keep making threads wouldn't that be spamming?  I'm just worried that in year 12, i'm going to devote all my time to this subject, in units 1-2 how many hours did you spend on this subject a week and can you kind of neglect and still pass because thats all i want for next year…
Why did you pick Media? Do you like it? Are you good at it? A lot of my friend's do media and it's their favourite subject, mostly because the workload isn't too much. So don't be too worried, try and get a little ahead during these holidays and you should be fine. If not, it's just 1/2, if you think you hate it/ or can't handle it, drop it after one semester and do another subject.
2013-2014:| VCE
2015-2018:| Bachelor of Science (Neuroscience) @ UoM
2019-X:| Doctor of Dental Surgery (discontinued)
2019 -2021:| Master of Physiotherapy

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!

Lasercookie

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +326
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 11:31:47 pm »
+2
I don't remember how many hours I put in, I study in terms of what I want to get done not by hours. I don't think you can neglect the subject and still get the folio or whatever done, it's not really something you can do at the last minute without pissing off your teacher or a lot of stress. Maybe if you used your class time super effectively. I'm also not sure why you'd just be wanting to scrape a pass when you could do better?

off-topic
I've banned for spamming, if i keep making threads wouldn't that be spamming? 
It's a case by case thing, but it's more spammy to hijack a thread with your own unrelated question. If you want to ask a similar question that could apply to quite a few subjects, then the Victorian Education boards are a good place for that rather than making 5 similar threads at once.

Only Cheating Yourself

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 11:57:01 pm »
I don't remember how many hours I put in, I study in terms of what I want to get done not by hours. I don't think you can neglect the subject and still get the folio or whatever done, it's not really something you can do at the last minute without pissing off your teacher or a lot of stress. Maybe if you used your class time super effectively. I'm also not sure why you'd just be wanting to scrape a pass when you could do better?

off-topic
It's a case by case thing, but it's more spammy to hijack a thread with your own unrelated question. If you want to ask a similar question that could apply to quite a few subjects, then the Victorian Education boards are a good place for that rather than making 5 similar threads at once.

It's because i'm doing 2 units 3-4 subjects, the videos and stuff that you make in media you were saying a 'folio' do you get class time for that?

xlaiyn

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +4
  • School: RMIT University
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 12:43:37 pm »
+1
It's because i'm doing 2 units 3-4 subjects, the videos and stuff that you make in media you were saying a 'folio' do you get class time for that?

Media 1 & 2 is an absolute breeze so long as you are able to go over terms and study before SACs, even if it's only minor. What you really want is to study for your 3/4 subjects. Those are your priority.

Also, yes you do get some class time (depending on your school), but the majority is done outside of class. And don't leave it to the last minute - it's an incredibly bad idea, because you'll be cramming for SACs and exams and trying to finish a folio. It's sort of like a diary in the sense that you have to build it up from the first page, you can't just try and recount everything you've done within a month and regurgitate it onto the pages. It doesn't work very well! Definitely do as much as you can outside of class if you choose it.
2013: Software Development @ CRC
2014: Literature | Psychology | Biology | Media | Further Math @ RMIT
2015 - 2017: Bachelor of Emergency Health (Paramedic) @ Monash University