Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 11:28:09 am

Author Topic: Ransom (Malouf) Question  (Read 2197 times)  Share 

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Ransom (Malouf) Question
« on: February 19, 2014, 09:42:47 pm »
Ransom - David Malouf

Could you please help me find some powerful, atypical, eccentric words that could be used in a Ransom essay to describe certain characters? My first essay will be on the topic of 'storytelling' in Ransom.

Thanks  ;)

swagsxcboi

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +4
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Re: Ransom (Malouf) Question
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 08:44:24 pm »
+1
This quote isn't exactly atypical, but it's important to note the quote at the end of the book
pg 223 "...It re-enter the world of the Iliad to recount the story of Achilles, Patroclus and Hector, and, in a very different version form the original Priam's journey to the Greek camp. But its primary interest is in storytelling itself - why stories are told and why we need to hear them, how stories get change in the telling - and much of what it has to tell are untold tales' found only in the margins of earlier writers."

Also read bottom of page 215 - "As for all that has happened in these last hours, what a tale he will have to tell! He will tell it often over the years."
Then read page 216-219.

Remember that Somax is a character that Malouf introduced, whilst other characters are from the Iliad.
Somax's 'storytelling' to Priam when they're in the river is significant. It's important to note how Priam visualises Somax's stories so vividly and that stories how are told how the storyteller wants the story to be perceived

2013: Biology [47]

2014 AIMS: English (37)    Methods (37)    Business Management (30)    Chemistry (40)

2015 AIMS:
Applied Science/Physiotherapy Practice at La Trobe

Feel free to PM me about Bio or anything :)