Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 19, 2024, 12:11:23 am

Author Topic: Study Score  (Read 1460 times)  Share 

surjads

Study Score
« on: May 27, 2014, 06:43:35 pm »
Hey guys im new here sorry for another typical panicked student post.
Currently i am doing year 12 economics in year 11. I have done 2 SACs so far, one of them I just did this mroning. First SAC I did I got a 75%, not great at all for me :/ but I was about 3rd to 4th highest in the class out of 15 people and I got the same mark as a girl who got 50/50 for business management last year when she did year 12 bus mgmnt in year 11. This second SAC i did this morning I think I got about 74-76% because of 2 questions that pretty much screwed up everybody in my class.

75%ish is not really my usual standard and I am starting to stress, do sacs get ranked between students in classes?

Thanks heaps.

p.s i have the gat next week lol

chasej

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +56
Re: Study Score
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 07:11:26 pm »
Hey guys im new here sorry for another typical panicked student post.
Currently i am doing year 12 economics in year 11. I have done 2 SACs so far, one of them I just did this mroning. First SAC I did I got a 75%, not great at all for me :/ but I was about 3rd to 4th highest in the class out of 15 people and I got the same mark as a girl who got 50/50 for business management last year when she did year 12 bus mgmnt in year 11. This second SAC i did this morning I think I got about 74-76% because of 2 questions that pretty much screwed up everybody in my class.

75%ish is not really my usual standard and I am starting to stress, do sacs get ranked between students in classes?

Thanks heaps.

p.s i have the gat next week lol

It's all about the ranking, raw marks don't matter at all (or they might matter but far from significantly in that they'll but a deciding factor between a 40 and non-40 score).

A bit of an anectote, I averaged about 92% for Unit 3 SACs in U3 economics last year in yr 11, granted it's a little higher than what you got, but in the end it was scaled up to 97 or 98 by VCAA, even though I didn't do amazingly in the exam (I can't remember the exact number and some others in my cohort must have killed the exam).
Graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in June 2020.

Completing Practical Legal Training (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice)

Offering 2021 Tutoring in VCE Legal Studies (Awarded as Bialik College's top Legal Studies Student in 2014).

Offered via Zoom or in person across Melbourne.  Message me to discuss. Very limited places available.

Michael Scofield

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 07:17:42 pm »
It's all about the ranking, raw marks don't matter at all (or they might matter but far from significantly in that they'll but a deciding factor between a 40 and non-40 score).

A bit of an anectote, I averaged about 92% for Unit 3 SACs in U3 economics last year in yr 11, granted it's a little higher than what you got, but in the end it was scaled up to 97 or 98 by VCAA, even though I didn't do amazingly in the exam (I can't remember the exact number and some others in my cohort must have killed the exam).

Why did your sacs get sacked up so high? Were they incredibly difficult?

chasej

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +56
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 11:34:49 pm »
Why did your sacs get sacked up so high? Were they incredibly difficult?

Yeh I guess they were quite hard. I guess there is also a tendency for students to often do better on the exam than SACs as they tend to work harder with more prac papers for an exam at my school as opposed to a SAC, hence there's higher results.
Graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in June 2020.

Completing Practical Legal Training (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice)

Offering 2021 Tutoring in VCE Legal Studies (Awarded as Bialik College's top Legal Studies Student in 2014).

Offered via Zoom or in person across Melbourne.  Message me to discuss. Very limited places available.