Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

July 27, 2024, 05:27:03 pm

Author Topic: HELP, im really bad at filling in essays!  (Read 994 times)  Share 

sierracafari

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Kyneton Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
HELP, im really bad at filling in essays!
« on: March 09, 2016, 04:50:16 pm »
so i have an english sac next week, i can get the point across okay in my essays but i have trouble filling them in and making them reach the word limit! can someone please give me some handy hints to get me through year 12 :) :)

FallingStar

• Forum Obsessive
  • Be yourself and be your best self.
  • Respect: +19
Re: HELP, im really bad at filling in essays!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 06:37:04 pm »
+1
Firstly, May I ask what essay are you doing for your SAC: Context, Text response or Language Analysis?

For Language Analysis, you should fill them in with the effects of a particular technique. Explain the effects in detail, don't just write a summary of it.

Text Response: For every paragraph, have 2 - 3 examples that relates to you topic sentences, and explain how they relate.

Context: Very similar to what I said with text response, except that you need to draw from a range of resources other than the texts you are studying for this area of study.

Overall, do not focus on the quantity (which is what the word limit is), but on the quality of the essay. More does not always mean better, and even short essays can get high marks if their quality is good. Conversely, a long, bad essay is not likely give you any advantages.