Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 06, 2024, 11:27:09 pm

Author Topic: Some questions on Economics 3&4  (Read 1173 times)  Share 

dodgedanpei

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
Some questions on Economics 3&4
« on: August 30, 2009, 03:05:10 pm »
1. Am I able to do Economics 3&4 without units 1 and 2?

2. Do you find economics interesting?

3. On the scale of 1 to 10, 10 being hardest, how hard is this subject? How many hours do you study for it daily?]

- Cheers.

ReVeL

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
Re: Some questions on Economics 3&4
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 03:13:11 pm »
1. Yes definately. You introduce the basics like Demand & Supply in 1/2, but you go over it all again in 3/4. I know afew who picked it up in 3/4 and found it very managable.

2. Obviously some people will and some people won't be interested by economics. But I definately found it interesting, and certainly one of the more relevant and practical subjects in VCE. You can actually draw parallels with the real world even with your very basic VCE knowledge.

3. Again, difficulty will differ person to person depending on their skills and abilities. However, I personally think it's one of the lower demanding subjects in terms of homework and study. Establishing the concepts in class is very important, and theres afew definitions that you really have to know off the top of your head. Basically you've just got to get familiar with applying them to questions, which is the harder part. Knowing how to structure an answer was probably my biggest challenge in the exam. So... I guess maybe 5-6/10ish?

Anyway hope this helped abit. I quite enjoyed VCE economics, hope you do too.

EDIT: May have overstated the difficulty abit.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 07:50:59 pm by ReVeL »
||  2008 VCE Graduate  ||  BCom @ UoM [Accounting & Finance Majors] - Completing 3rd year  ||

dodgedanpei

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 03:35:11 pm »
Thanks for your input. Really appreciate it. :D

bosley

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 03:38:29 pm »
1. fairly easy. 4 people in my class who didn't do 1/2 are scoring an avg of A

2. it is interesting if you find it interesting

3. 5/10 compared to subjects like methods/chem/spec

jerry

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 07:43:22 pm »
1. Yes.

2. Economics (in general) is interesting. VCE Economics may not be interesting for some (especially if you use Economics Down Under as your textbook.... its sooooooo boring).
VCE Economics is just looking at impact on economic objectives and a bit of policy.

3. Theory is not hard. How to answer the question properly (to not miss any marks due to lack of explanation etc.) is a bit harder. Compared to subjects like methods, 4/10.