Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 04:48:00 pm

Author Topic: Ideas for Folio???  (Read 3578 times)  Share 

vnce_sketchit

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Glenvale
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Ideas for Folio???
« on: May 03, 2016, 10:21:07 am »
i'm not sure if i can get ideas off here and it might be a bit late, but can anybody please help me to come up with and finalise a product design for VCD???
went to Top Designs this year, not as futuristic or as great as last year, but some really really good and well done design concepts
a lot incorporated a brand identity along with a product/redesign of interiors...
i was hoping to find inspiration for something a cool product and then create a corporate image etc. to follow,
i like graffiti, minimalist styles, small amount of technology and architecture (although my teacher reckons it would be difficult to design house/building in the time left) but i'm up to do anything!!! love to design stuff :)
please post if you have ideas that may help... thanks ;D

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Ideas for Folio???
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 11:53:17 am »
Hey there,

I'm not really up with how VCD is structured now. What's the go? Do you have to design two end products as part of the same folio?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

vnce_sketchit

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Glenvale
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 03:09:32 pm »
yep!! pretty much
One client with two end products/designs all incorporated into a two part folio

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 05:20:12 pm »
+1
yep!! pretty much
One client with two end products/designs all incorporated into a two part folio

Cool, so pretty similar to 2012 (for Semester 2, at least; we had to do a folio for Semester 1, too - am I right in thinking that this is different now?).

It's hard to suggest specific things without knowing exactly what would tickle your whiskers (aside from the things mentioned in your opening post), but here are some vague ideas from which you may be able to draw inspiration:

> A space-efficient hotel room and accompanying hotel brand (my S1 folio)
> A sport membership ticket/pass and accompanying train advertisement (my S2 folio)
> A new sporting team's kit (somebody in my year did this, who was also interested in graffiti, and came out with a freaking sweet looking getup)
> Some sort of product mockup (a chair, a drink bottle, sunglasses - anything, really) and accompanying logo
> A cafe interior and accompanying coffee cup design (has the potential to be pretty rad, I reckon)
> A new train exterior/graphic, or an entire Myki rebrand (or something similar)
> A particular piece of furniture (might be a good substitute for the building thing if you don't have time)
> Something clothesly, like a range of swimwear or some shit plus a logo/advertisements
> Something I've always kind of wanted is like an all-in-one student organiser sort of thing. So like, something you can hang on the wall that has an inbuilt clock, whiteboard, pin-up board, to-do lists, calendar, storage space, places for pens etc., and a whole bunch of other stuff, but really minimalist/neat

These aren't particularly great ideas, but maybe they'll prompt something else in your head. Don't be afraid to be 'out-there'. One of my VCD teachers was pretty big on that. Could you be a little more specific in your interests? :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.