Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 07:12:47 pm

Author Topic: 20 study score?  (Read 3058 times)  Share 

Tiltedchef

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
20 study score?
« on: December 02, 2017, 02:13:28 am »
I'm stressing out over my literature results. I averaged around 60% for sacs and for the exam I don't think I directly addressed one of the questions properly. What study score should I be expecting? Am I able to get a 20 study score?

• Forum Regular
  • ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
  • Respect: +12
Re: 20 study score?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 05:02:40 am »
+4
Hey dude don't stress this much that lit exam fucked the entire state over so the bell curve is more than likely to put you at a 25 AT LEAST. Btw, what was the prompt and how did you respond to it? This may just be paranoia and from a third party perspective you wrote a relevant response!!

This is easier said than done, but there's nothing you can do about exams now. Instead of finding stress in this, try to find liberation. But I feel u cuz I remember walking out of the lit exam feeling fine and by 10pm that same day I was crying cuz I just kept dissecting everything I wrote and how I could've written it better and shit what if this is the worst essay I've ever written in my life ?! But you just gotta stop yourself from doing that cuz it really is not healthy. Do something you find fun to distract yourself. Lit was a crazy ride but try to reflect on what you got out of it besides a grade :)

Tiltedchef

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 11:11:04 am »
Hey dude don't stress this much that lit exam fucked the entire state over so the bell curve is more than likely to put you at a 25 AT LEAST. Btw, what was the prompt and how did you respond to it? This may just be paranoia and from a third party perspective you wrote a relevant response!!

This is easier said than done, but there's nothing you can do about exams now. Instead of finding stress in this, try to find liberation. But I feel u cuz I remember walking out of the lit exam feeling fine and by 10pm that same day I was crying cuz I just kept dissecting everything I wrote and how I could've written it better and shit what if this is the worst essay I've ever written in my life ?! But you just gotta stop yourself from doing that cuz it really is not healthy. Do something you find fun to distract yourself. Lit was a crazy ride but try to reflect on what you got out of it besides a grade :)

Thanks alot I feel much better because of your reply. I did literary perspectives for North and South (which was the one I think i stuffed up)and passage analysis on cat on a hot tin roof. I don't remember exactly what the prompt was but it was asking about how changing social conditions were creating conflict. I focused heavily on the relationships, role of the woman and man in Society and the conflict that was created in terms of marriage proposal denials and the like. I think I should have focused more on the conditions in the factories leading to riots but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 11:15:45 am by Tiltedchef »

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +365
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 12:52:23 pm »
Thanks alot I feel much better because of your reply. I did literary perspectives for North and South (which was the one I think i stuffed up)and passage analysis on cat on a hot tin roof. I don't remember exactly what the prompt was but it was asking about how changing social conditions were creating conflict. I focused heavily on the relationships, role of the woman and man in Society and the conflict that was created in terms of marriage proposal denials and the like. I think I should have focused more on the conditions in the factories leading to riots but I'm not sure.

Hello!

I too did North and South for the Literary Perspective section. If it makes you feel any better, I also had issues with the prompt (from a feminist perspective). I personally believe that it did not sufficiently compliment readings that were not Marxist. However, given that this is the first year on the study design, I'm sure that there will be some leniency amongst examiners. Please try not to stress, though! The points you raised sound good and were probably received better than you think :)
BA (Linguistics) I University of Melbourne
Tips and Tricks for VCE English [50]

Essay Marking Services in 2021 for VCE English + Essays for Sale

• Forum Regular
  • ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 02:09:45 pm »

That sounds perfectly fine to me! You responded to the prompt from a more feminist perspective and that's fine because your prompt was very broad so you could do so :) I'm sure you wrote a very relevant response. And if you made a mistake that's fine as well, because if it makes you feel any better I was in such frenzy to write I forgot to paragraph and my first paragraph was about 2-3 pages long and I had no time for a conclusion. I know I know oh dear. But it's too late now and panicking over it is a waste of my summer time.