Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 11:31:29 am

Author Topic: any tips and tricks?  (Read 4003 times)  Share 

nimrit

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
any tips and tricks?
« on: January 18, 2018, 05:11:35 pm »
I'm doing viscom this year and I only did unit 2 last year so I'm not entirely sure what to expect. Should we be doing practise exams throughout the entirety of the year? Or only throughout the second half? I'm also really bad at generating good and creative ideas on the spot, is there anything I can do to improve that?

Also, if anyone has any tips and tricks about how to do well or what helps in the subject please let me know!!!

sonnyangel

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +16
Re: any tips and tricks?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 05:17:03 pm »
+3
Hi nimrit!
I did VCD last year and found that we did relevant practice questions from previous exams leading up to written SACs but other than that, most practice exams were done in the second half of the year (mostly after the folios were done). Of course, you can still do practice exams throughout the year if you have time but just make sure that the folio is first priority! As for generating good ideas, refer back to your research and try to imitate some parts of the design in your own. Then you can see what you like/don't like and keep pushing/developing the concept until you come up with something unique and creative!
This thread: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=170961.msg944499#msg944499 has a few tips for folios ;D
Hope this response isn't too late and good luck!!
2018: Commerce / Information Technology @ Monash