Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 02:17:38 am

Author Topic: How to study for Revs!!  (Read 1339 times)  Share 

Maddyv11

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +8
How to study for Revs!!
« on: August 07, 2018, 03:42:18 pm »
+1
Im currently doing China Revolution and I have no idea how to study for the essay we have coming up!

I read the textbook and write notes, but nothing ever seems to be sinking in and it takes so long that I never finish because I loose motivation and then don't end up writing an essay!

How do you study effectively for history? I've been trying all year, it would be amazing if someone could give me some pointers!
2018: VCE Completed
2019: Bachelor of Laws (Honours) & Bachelor of Commerce

natothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: How to study for Revs!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 08:21:18 pm »
+2
Make a list of all key dates and their associated events/people. Make it clear, easy to read (colours help a lot) and you can stick it on your bedroom wall. I spend around 10 - 15 mins looking at it before bed, and when I wake up. I see you have done Pysc so you probably know about the subconscious advantages of studying before you sleep.

To make it easier to cram dates and events in I usually make acronym things. For example, I did French Rev last term and for the 'Storming of the Bastille' I just write down 14J89SOTB . It looks kinda dumb but the first part is the date, 14th July 1789, and you can just abbreviate the events name. The more obscure it is the more I find it memorable because I had to think, what does that mean again? Oh yeah...

Hope this helped and God bless :)