Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 02:22:50 am

Author Topic: Anyone doing The longest memory? Is this right about Mr Whitechapel character?  (Read 327 times)  Share 

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
Would it be incorrect to say that the system of slavery obviously enslaved and broke down the slaves BUT also the owners?

Mr Whitechapel did horrible things and his heart was not in it. He desperately tries to justify it but he says “you are here because their is nowhere else’s to go”.

Would authorial intent be D’Aguiar was trying to communicate this whole system abolishes the concept of freedom; even the enslaver who has stolen the freedom of others
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

Owlbird83

• BLAA 2020
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +785
Hey, I reckon that would be a cool idea to write about! If you back up your point with examples and justify it, it can't really be wrong, (unless it completely misses the point, but this doesn't!). I had never thought of this idea, I really like it! I reckon it would make your essay stand out because you have a slightly different take than other more simple/obvious ideas. Go for it!
2018: Biology
2019: Chemistry, Physics, Math Methods, English, Japanese
2020: Bachelor of Psychology (Monash)