Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 10:58:11 am

Author Topic: 2009 Exam Thoughts  (Read 1888 times)  Share 

chrsha01

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
2009 Exam Thoughts
« on: November 12, 2009, 05:50:15 pm »
How did we find it?

Easy? Hard?

I personally found the second short answer question from 'Washington to Canberra' the hardest - Two difference between the High Court/Supreme Court

wombifat

Re: 2009 Exam Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 06:30:04 pm »
I think I found that one hardest too. I wrote that the Senate has to approve the appointment of judges in the US and that in Australia they retire at  70, but I'm not really sure if that's what they were looking for since it only relates to the judges, not the actual operation of the judiciary, but seriously, what else is there to write?

xXNovaxX

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 06:33:37 pm »
^ I rote EXACT same as you, but i should be right, because judges are part of the judicary...they ARE the judiacry, they merely operate in the High Court.

samuel8191

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 09:02:51 pm »
I agree the High court one was a little sudden... howd you guys go with the rest?

wombifat

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 09:06:57 pm »
I didn't have time to check over my answers so I'm kind of freaking out that I didn't have enough examples or whatever because i think i was going to go back and add bits to some of my answers, but generally nothing was too hard. I blabbed on way too much about the bill of rights in the W to C question and I'm a bit worried about the quality of my writing but I wrote HEAPS and I think I showed a recent understanding of the two systems. It was kind of hard though, because there's SO much to say so I had to organise all my thoughts.

How about you?

samuel8191

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 10:39:04 pm »
i know what you mean, I wrote a whole shitload for W to C then looked at the clock and only had 25 min to plan and write for foreign policy  :-\
other than that the only parts that really surprised me was the high court bit, all the past exams concentrated on legislative and executive but oh well.

How much should we have written in B and C?

wombifat

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 11:46:10 pm »
at least 3 pages to get 15+ is what they said at the lectures. I wrote almost 4 pages for one and about 4.5 for the other.

Rietie

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 11:55:10 pm »
I think I found that one hardest too. I wrote that the Senate has to approve the appointment of judges in the US and that in Australia they retire at  70, but I'm not really sure if that's what they were looking for since it only relates to the judges, not the actual operation of the judiciary, but seriously, what else is there to write?

I think there is also a difference in the number of judges. One's 9 and the other's 7. Can't remember which is which.
2007 - History Revolutions (35)
2008 - English (40), Literature (37), National Politics (37), Maths Methods (32), History Renaissance (39)
ENTER: 93.20

2009 - Bachelor of Arts (ANU)
2010 - Bachelor of Classical Studies (ANU)
Majors: Ancient Greek, Ancient History, Archaeology

xXNovaxX

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 12:43:59 am »

I think there is also a difference in the number of judges. One's 9 and the other's 7. Can't remember which is which.
America 9 i think it was, but its sort of hard to elaborate on that point.

Thanks heavens it's done with, one of my worst/boring subjects. I still plan to maybe do it at Uni, would be better than the way it was taught to me.