Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 02:18:59 am

Author Topic: french films  (Read 2296 times)  Share 

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
french films
« on: November 04, 2007, 01:51:45 pm »
since its a rainy sunday and i dont feel like doing study, yet will feel too guilty watching an english movie, i thought i could watch a french one while pretending its study haha.

iv already watched pretty much everything under the sun, but does anyone know of any newish or kinda of obscure or ones im unlikely to have seen

yaaaaaaaaay thankyou

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
Re: french films
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 01:57:08 pm »
Quote from: "melanie.dee"
since its a rainy sunday and i dont feel like doing study, yet will feel too guilty watching an english movie, i thought i could watch a french one while pretending its study haha.

iv already watched pretty much everything under the sun, but does anyone know of any newish or kinda of obscure or ones im unlikely to have seen

yaaaaaaaaay thankyou

Not French, but try Eraserhead.

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
french films
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 02:16:31 pm »
The only ones that I can remember the names of are 'femme de gilles' and 'jeux d'enfants' which I think you've seen. I can think of two more but I don't know the names of them... one was really creepy to be watching at like 2 in the morning.. I could explain the plot but that kind of loses the point haha
And I remember watching 'chocolat' in class, but you've probably seen that too

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
french films
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 02:51:32 pm »
iv defs seen jeux d'enfants and chocolat but im not sure about la femme de gilles.. i looked it up and the story line seems very familiar but im thinking maybe it was something i was planning on watching on sbs but didnt end up watching it. hmm i might just go to the video store and see what they've got haha

and iv heard of eraserhead but iv never seen it, isnt it some completely bizarre movie or something ha? maybe for after exam time ha

Toothpaste

• pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Member #10
  • Respect: +26
french films
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 03:01:11 pm »
La Grande s?duction
Tais Toi!

reg

french films
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 07:37:27 pm »
Tais-toi is terrible, don't watch it :p.

bubble sunglasses

french films
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 10:17:20 pm »
Man Bites Dog / c'est arriv? pr?s de chez vous

[an example of the disparity you often see between French film titles and their anglophone "translations"]

also, a film which makes you laugh out loud for much of it, but then wonder how you *could* laugh at it.

But srsly, are you'd have to have seen a lot of films to have seen every French films [Man Bites Dog is actually Belgian] to have seen every one worth watching.

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 10:19:27 pm »
Quote from: "coblin"

yaaaaaaaaay thankyou

LOL, I think I've heard you mention that one in the distant past. I'm somewhat tempted now. Maybe tell me I should watch it 10 more times and I will :)

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 10:40:33 pm »
Quote from: "bubble sunglasses"
Quote from: "coblin"

yaaaaaaaaay thankyou

LOL, I think I've heard you mention that one in the distant past. I'm somewhat tempted now. Maybe tell me I should watch it 10 more times and I will :)

Try Eraserhead.

It's surrealist.