Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 07:56:00 am

Author Topic: Silly exam question  (Read 1224 times)  Share 

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Silly exam question
« on: October 30, 2010, 01:07:24 pm »
I'm just wondering about the issues, do we choose one to study on and choose a business to use as an example? i.e I wanted to do the one on social responsibility and relate it to a company that changed its management due to this issue. Is that what we're supposed to do? cause my teacher said they changed it in the new study design  :(

Kotza

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • AEK ULTRAS!
  • Respect: +2
Re: Silly exam question
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 01:20:11 pm »
Dude, honestly i think you could even apply a different organisation to every question.... just it would be harder for yourself.

Providing examples is essential, thus, relating an APPROPRIATE organisation as an example would be sufficient to give you extra marks.

I dont think VCAA (the already complex piece of shit it is) would have a rule stating that "Students may only use 1 (or 2) organisations as examples throughout the entirety of the examination."

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 01:22:29 pm »
Dude, honestly i think you could even apply a different organisation to every question.... just it would be harder for yourself.

Providing examples is essential, thus, relating an APPROPRIATE organisation as an example would be sufficient to give you extra marks.

I dont think VCAA (the already complex piece of shit it is) would have a rule stating that "Students may only use 1 (or 2) organisations as examples throughout the entirety of the examination."

I'm just not sure if that's what we're supposed to do at this point. Do we have to learn ALL the issues or choose one like they do in chem?

Is learning business examples a necessity? I doubt I'll have time to learn all the terms letalone extra examples :/

Kotza

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • AEK ULTRAS!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 01:28:10 pm »
you have to know examples of;

LSO's, e.g. Virgin Blue or something
Mergers and Acquisitions e.g. Woolworths buying Danks hardware and merging with Lowe's hardware
ESM (pretty sure)
Change theory E.g. Also relate to woolworths as the merging/acquiring faze is a major change in the businesses operations

So yes, you do need to know an example of each so that you can support your answers. 

and i think thats it.

Kotza

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • AEK ULTRAS!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 01:29:09 pm »
"Is learning business examples a necessity? I doubt I'll have time to learn all the terms letalone extra examples :/"

you should have learnt examples in class.... its easy to learn them now it isnt that hard, but yea you do need to know them.

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 01:29:48 pm »
you have to know examples of;

LSO's, e.g. Virgin Blue or something
Mergers and Acquisitions e.g. Woolworths buying Danks hardware and merging with Lowe's hardware
ESM (pretty sure)
Change theory E.g. Also relate to woolworths as the merging/acquiring faze is a major change in the businesses operations

So yes, you do need to know an example of each so that you can support your answers.  

and i think thats it.

So why specifically mergers and acquisitions? isn't that just one of the 4 major issues relating to change management?

Kotza

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • AEK ULTRAS!
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 01:32:47 pm »
oh my apologies, i now know what you were originally asking (lol my bad.)

what are the other four? i was only taught of M and A. 

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 01:40:43 pm »
oh my apologies, i now know what you were originally asking (lol my bad.)

what are the other four? i was only taught of M and A. 

I only remember one I did about social responsibility relating to global warming... so I guess we do only choose one to focus on... luckily there's realworld examples in my text book -_-

_avO

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 01:46:18 pm »
Issues of change management are:

Globalisation
Technological Development
Privatisation
Ethics and Social Responsibility
Legislative compliance
Mergers & Acquisitions

It is stated that we only need to know ONE issue (in depth) for the exam which is most likely linked to the 8 or 10 mark question, however you should have general knowledge in all 6 areas and how it affects an organisation as a precaution.
2011-2014: Bachelor of Commerce/Economics @ Monash Clayton

burbs

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Fuck da police - Aristotle
  • Respect: +227
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 03:36:53 pm »
Maybe we should get a thread started where people share their issue just so people know about each one? Can't hurt.

I've done praxams where they specifically say CSR instead of giving a choice.