Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 08:08:23 pm

Author Topic: University of Melbourne Extension Program 2010: Prize Ceremony And Graduation  (Read 5457 times)  Share 

Abdi

does everyone get something? lol

Abdi

btw theres a facebook group called 'UMEP 2010: Prize Ceremony And Graduation' everyone join! :)

humph

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +16
No you only get invited if you get a prize, which is either if you top the class (for most subjects) or get in the top three (for maths).
VCE 2006
PhB (Hons) (Sc), ANU, 2007-2010
MPhil, ANU, 2011-2012
PhD, Princeton, 2012-2017
Research Associate, University College London, 2017-2020
Assistant Professor, University of Virginia, 2020-

Feel free to ask me about (advanced) mathematics.

schmalex

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
But they've already invited people, and they don't know the results for semester two? Are you sure you're only invited if you get a prize? Also, I can't go :( I'm also a Kwong Lee Dow so I'm missing out on two things that day .

EDIT: I don't think they've only invited people if they get a prize because it just says "keep this date free and more information in December".

I almost got my hopes up there...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 12:11:50 pm by schmalex »
2009- National Politics (43) Methods (38)
2010- Economics (50) English (44) Literature (38) Introductory Microeconomcis (86) Introductory Macroeconomics (75)
ATAR:98.95

Offering Economics tutoring
http://vce.atarnotes.com/forum/index.php/topic,35848.0.html

humph

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +16
Oh, maybe they've changed it since 4 years ago...
VCE 2006
PhB (Hons) (Sc), ANU, 2007-2010
MPhil, ANU, 2011-2012
PhD, Princeton, 2012-2017
Research Associate, University College London, 2017-2020
Assistant Professor, University of Virginia, 2020-

Feel free to ask me about (advanced) mathematics.

schmalex

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
Lol, maybe when the results come out they'll send people who don't get prizes emails saying "actually, don't worry about it"
2010- Economics (50) English (44) Literature (38) Introductory Microeconomcis (86) Introductory Macroeconomics (75)

rustic_metal

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: 0
Last year it was basically a 'why you should come to Melbourne next year' lecture. We had that 'Fuzzy' person from video hits give a presentation that pretty much entirely consisted of "This is me with Green Day. This is me with The Living End. This is why my job is awesome. I interviewed My Chemical Romance," etc. All on the basis of her having been to Melbourne (she didn't even finish her degree). It was so painful, you could tell the staff were hating it and wanting her to stop haha.

They do have good food, though.

Oh and you get a certificate.

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
UoM caters events particularly well.

AzureBlue

I thought that you had to actually get a prize (ie. top student in the area, or top 3 students in UMEP maths), but I suppose that was what it was a decade ago :P

tram

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +22
Last year it was basically a 'why you should come to Melbourne next year' lecture. We had that 'Fuzzy' person from video hits give a presentation that pretty much entirely consisted of "This is me with Green Day. This is me with The Living End. This is why my job is awesome. I interviewed My Chemical Romance," etc. All on the basis of her having been to Melbourne (she didn't even finish her degree). It was so painful, you could tell the staff were hating it and wanting her to stop haha.

urgh well i hope they get someone interesting this year...... haha totes should get gillard seeing as she's a law school allumni

schmalex

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader

They do have good food, though.

Oh and you get a certificate.

schnappy

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +7
You're not graduating from anything you've done 1/3 of first year...

rk

what's kwong lee dow
sounds racist

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Here to listen and help
  • Respect: +324
what's kwong lee dow
sounds racist

See link.

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics) - Discrete Mathematics & Operations Research

kendraaaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
what's kwong lee dow
sounds racist

hahahaha